And I have to say, if I had known how much easier it made getting the carbs in and out, and working on them, I'd have done it long ago. The main reason I did it was because I had to pull them for the third time and was tired of all the wrestling and just wanted to make some the the job easier. If I only knew...putting the carbs back in after dumping that air box; almost ten minutes.
I replaced the float needles too, (those little things are not cheap) and adjusted the floats to the casting marks as well.
Started and ran well in the drive way, sounded better, no more popping out of the pipes either. Road testing will be today...
Took almost 3 hours to do it all, cost just under $150, (almost 50 of that was the two float needles)
If you're considering it, I say go for it. Just for the ease of future carb work makes it worth it IMO, not to mention all the other benefits. Seriously, it eliminates all the horror you read about associated with pulling the carbs.
Took a before and after pic with my cell, but you all know how it looks.