Pulling carbs, removing CA Emissions, Ear Shave...need help please - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Pulling carbs, removing CA Emissions, Ear Shave...need help please

So I've tried all I can without pulling the carbs to un-stick my floats, but it just ain't happening. You can read what I have gone through at my prvious link here https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18121

So I want to take out all my CA Emissions, as I've read that will give me much more room to pull out and work on the carbs. Last time I pulled the carbs, it was such a pain, especially with that Surge Tank/Cannister in the way. I've read that is a nightmare to remove...good times.
Does anyone know of a post where I can get some detailed explanation on how to remove my CA Emissions junk, and hopefully some pictures too???

I'm also going to do the ear shave, and wanted to know if there is a full kit I can purchase? I read in the VERSES forum about a kit, but I also read that company went out of business. If there is NOT a kit out there, does anyone have all the parts PN's and a link to a thread with a description on what to do?

Thanks for your help...it's awesome that there are so many people out there with this bike.

1993 VN750 stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicol View Post

I'm also going to do the ear shave, and wanted to know if there is a full kit I can purchase? I read in the VERSES forum about a kit, but I also read that company went out of business. If there is NOT a kit out there, does anyone have all the parts PN's and a link to a thread with a description on what to do?

Thanks for your help...it's awesome that there are so many people out there with this bike.

No kits!

Parts:
1 Mikuni Needle Shims Item# Price: 009-396 $6.95
2 Keihin 99101-393 Main Jet Size: 142 $13.90
2 n424-22 Pilot/Slow Jet sizes: 42 $13.90
I purchased these from: http://www.pjmotorsports.com/keihin-jets.html

2 Emgo Crank Case Filter $14.95 each
I purchased these from: http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...ode=14%2D20900
You don't NEED these but they look good.

2 Coasters $31 pair
I purchased these from: http://www.shermscycleproducts.com/coasterpage.html

Detailed procedure coming soon!

Last edited by VoIPDoc; 05-17-2011 at 10:43 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Banned

remove the reed valves and install coasters. Remove vacuum valve. remove vacuum line from right carb. Plug right carb vacuum port. There are two tubes at the base of the gas tank: remove the one on the right side and plug the port at the tank. remove the canister and related crap from under battery tray. Vent left side of gas tank to free air via rubber tube and let it hang unobstructed behind trans and make sure the end can't get blocked.... that's about it..........

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info...I was all set on doing this mod and removing all my CA Emissions...then I read other threads where they say "if you are NOT in CA you can do the mods".
I am in CA, but we don't need to get the motorcycles tested for Emissions, unless that is something new. If there is no testing, is there an issue I should be aware of if I do remove all my Emissions junk?

1993 VN750 stock
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
... If there is no testing, is there an issue I should be aware of if I do remove all my Emissions junk?
Yeah, your bike will run better, look better, and be much happier............
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariv View Post
haha...thanks "dariv"...yeah, I didn't think there would be an issue, but I read a post from a guy in Arizona that was talking about their strict emissions and him not being able to do the Ear Shave...I know California has the strictist emissions, and we don't check bikes...and everything I've read would be for new bikes being tested...not my old '93.
Cool...so I think I'll go ahead and rip it all out!!!

1993 VN750 stock
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariv View Post
haha...thanks "dariv"...yeah, I didn't think there would be an issue, but I read a post from a guy in Arizona that was talking about their strict emissions and him not being able to do the Ear Shave...I know California has the strictist emissions, and we don't check bikes...and everything I've read would be for new bikes being tested...not my old '93.
Cool...so I think I'll go ahead and rip it all out!!!

What’s up bro. I’m doing the same to my 04 Vulcan. Just wondering if it worked out ok for you.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 10:17 AM
Old Fart

Garage
Planet guy...
This thread is 8 years old and he hasn't visited since 2014. So your odds of getting a reply are very slight to none.
You can go to a members profile and see when their last post was BTW

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement