Vacumm Line into Right Air Filter.... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to 93VN750
Vacumm Line into Right Air Filter....

While installing coasters, I discovered that I did not have any extra vac line going inot my right air filter box. I read somewhere that there should be one.

Low and behold, I find a vac line tucked up under the tank the appears to be a likely candidate.

Does anyone know where the line from the right air filter box goes to so I can trace it back and make sure it is correct?

Checked as many diagrams as I could find and didn't see it anywhere!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Geek

You can tell if thats the line. While the engine is running plug the end with your finger. the engine will probably cough alot and die. If not try revving it up a little. It probably won't.

Ron from Jersey
2005 VN750
HellFire windshield
Kaw extended backrest
Cobra exhaust
Re-located stator wires
Side bags
15,000 Miles July/2012
It's PAID OFF ! May 2009
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to 93VN750
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewell
You can tell if thats the line. While the engine is running plug the end with your finger. the engine will probably cough alot and die. If not try revving it up a little. It probably won't.
Should it have not run right having not been put into the air filter box? I found it tucked up out of the way under the tank.

Or, did the air filter box just provide particle free (sort of) air?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 07:06 AM
Search Goddess

For those of us that have done the ear shave there are no air filter boxes to place the hose in, in this case some have tucked it up under the tank where it can still get air.
If you still have your "ears" though I would suggest cutting the tip at a 45 degree angle and placing in the right side filter box.

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 09:44 PM

I have the same question. One end of the hose appears to go to the left carb and I would like to know where exactly the other end goes. I can not see any where for the hose to connect. Can anyone help me out? Also, is my 2005 VN750 the only bike with all the 8mm bolts rusting? My bike is six months old and has never seen a raindrop but it still has a problem with rusting bolts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianna
For those of us that have done the ear shave there are no air filter boxes to place the hose in, in this case some have tucked it up under the tank where it can still get air.
If you still have your "ears" though I would suggest cutting the tip at a 45 degree angle and placing in the right side filter box.
If this hose is inserted into the right side air filter, as the SM describes, and it is inserted all the way in without the 45 degree cut, will this restrict the air flow to the hose, causing idleing problems. Bike idles high, but when I turn down the adjuster, at about 1500-1750 rpms, bike stalls.
Carbs cleaned, rebuilt and all hosed properly connected?

Thanks
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Never satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by myplace
I have the same question. One end of the hose appears to go to the left carb and I would like to know where exactly the other end goes. I can not see any where for the hose to connect. Can anyone help me out? Also, is my 2005 VN750 the only bike with all the 8mm bolts rusting? My bike is six months old and has never seen a raindrop but it still has a problem with rusting bolts.
I think it is standard for asian bikes to have rusty fastners, keep them clean with a stailes brush and a coat of wax on them where possible.
As far as the hose, mine goes into the right side airbox, the hole is at the back of the housing. Don't know if the former owner put it there or it is factory.

Jeff (Woody) Woodward
[B]'99' Black and blue(deceased)
06 900 Classic
MS shield&lowers
ISO flame grips
Mustang seat
Cobra backrest/rack
Phat II risers
Leatherlyke bags
Roadhouse 2 into 1's (wish they were made for 750's)
Scootworks pulley
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 09:53 PM

The vacuum lines come from both carbs and meet in a T fitting. From there, it becomes one line and this is the one that goes into the friction fit hose holder on the right ear. As mentioned earlier, it the air intake into the hose is restricted, the engine will not run right. I wouldn't worry too much if the hose was tucked up under the tank as the ear supplies no filtered air to the hose, it merely acts as a holder to keep it out of the way and open. As long as it is sucking air, it's good to go. If you are one of those who has to have the hoses run to their proper place, no prob, just run it to the right ear and put it in its place. Again, follow the advice here and cut the end off at a 45 degree angle so that the end of the hose can't be restricted by the back wall of the ear.

Hope this long explaination helps. If you really want to see how the hoses connect to the carbs, go to Kawasaki's websight and under Owner Information select parts diagrams and pull up the carb micro fiche. There you can see how it all fits together.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 08:41 PM

when you find out let me know ,I have a similar problem--thanks
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:44 PM

Thanks skyrider,,Ah feel much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement