Need Help Please Carbs/Coaster/Filters - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Need Help Please Carbs/Coaster/Filters

since this bike has sat for quite a few years Im going to be cleaning the carbs.

This morning cleaned out the tank real good put fresh gas in it bike started a couple times and would stall but the carb vent hose that goes to the right airbox was just leaking all over the right side of the bike when I tried priming and while it ran for the whole 2 minutes turns out that hose was busted.

Im doing the Coaster mod I ordered the plates off ebay and I also ordered the K&N RC-2340's and the Deka battery

I will be going to Napa tomorrow gonna change out all vacuum lines and get Tygon yellow see through fuel line, get oil/oil filter/gear oil/ Moly 60/ spark plugs carb clean etc.

1.) What filter do I need for the little vacuum hose vent that came off the carb and went to the SAI emission can?

2.) Being I will be putting on the RC 2340's what do I do with that hose that went to the right airbox? get rid of the T fitting and just use a 90 from carb to carb?

3.) I want to take out that plastic airbox since it will not be used I noticed there is another hose coming from the front cylinder in to front of airbox is that crankcase vent? what can I do with that put a filter on the end of that hose?

4.)Have any of you done the lemon juice boil method before,in cleaning carbs? This is what my buddy recommends I do

5.) What jets should I get Im near in Madisonville TX..... Not to far from Houston, this will be the first time doing carbs.... would I just be better off getting a jet kit from Factory Pro? which one and what about gaskets and Orings? does kawi have a carb rebuild kit? Im lookin at PJ's right now for the washers for the jets That lance recommended

6.) where does this rubber bushing go when I pulled off the carbs I saw this sitting in Cyl #1...

Thx,

Harold

Last edited by qweesy; 03-08-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

The bushing looks like the ones that fit into the fuel tank mounting tabs. There are two. If you don't see the other one, look in the radiator shroud. Don't start the bike until you find it!

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

thought it was that aswell but its not I have all those, this thing is like half the size of those and its really stiff. I didnt see anywhere this thing fits on the carb, Im stumped..... what about the other stuff?

Last edited by qweesy; 03-08-2011 at 02:51 PM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
ok sounds like you are not only coastering, but doing the "Ear Shave" at the same time.

1. no filter, just use a vacuum cap located at NAPA
2. The hose that went to the right ear now goes to a spot that doesn't get a lot of air movement. I.E. the upper frame tubes fed in through the hole next to the middle fuel tank mounting bolt (also where the seat tucks in under the tank).
3. That is the crank case vent. I used a MR Gasket Crank Case Breather from NAPA.. not sure of the part number though. (also read through the Vulcan Verses, there is a list of parts in there and the Filter you seek is listed.)
4. I have heard of this, but have never needed too... a can of carb dip is more than sufficient to clean carburetors.
5. Call PJ's... they will hook you up

6. No Clue
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 PM

Yes..PJ Motorsports is the place to go for jets.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:48 PM

also I am using 2 crank case filters.. instead of capping off the right carb vent hose it will have a filter on it... is this not the right thing to do?.. tell me know before I get on the road...LOL.. I thought (after reading everything that one filter needed for the T hose and one for the right side vent hose.... I got the shiny chrome ones with the chrome brace from Ronayers.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
right and left vent hoses tie together and run under the bike (at least on mine) and work just fine... the hose that went to the right ear needs to go into a spot where no wind can get to it... and the only place other than the ear is inside the frame... but if you can get it to run with the filter then so be it.. i couldn't get it to work with the filter... tucked the hose up and ran fine.

Your filter set up for the crank case sounds exactly what I used, but for only 4.99 to include tax, and no shipping, and it was sitting right on the shelf.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 PM

hmmmmmm I must have been reading the ear shave stuff wrong or just assuming I knew.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 PM

I got it... I skipped a line I guess as to where the crank case filters go....that would ahve been one of those scratch your head and call someone things... still gonna try two filters though (I baught em might as well use em).. but one on the T hose that went to the right ear and one on the crank case hose and pluging the right side carb vent as instructed above.... Slim you saved me some pain Bro!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
No problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement