Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

help please

921 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  master-paul 
#1 ·
My 1990 will start with some help. It has the ears removed, goat belly removed and the stock mufflers reinstalled. I think it still has the stock jets. What size jets should I run? Where can I get them? After it warms up a little it runs pretty well. Some hesitation when I twist the throttle. I recently took out the carbs and cleaned them. Added a couple of shims to the main jets. I am also reading a lot about syncing the carbs. Is this a neccesity or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Just any filter will not do. I had to get a k&n pod filter from amazon.com. The PN is rc-2340.
One can do the jets without carb removall. You need the slant screw drivers and a piece of small hose to help hold the jets to put them back in. And some patience.
Contact Lance328 for the jet sizes and shims.

#3 ·
like he said contact lance he will give you the jet size it very's from mods and altitude so make sure you send him that to. its easy to change the jets i would recommend taking the carbs off to do it makes things alot simpler and deffintley get the k and n pods that is what im running and if you find bad fuel line make sure to put 5/16 back in its place( i think thats the size) any small will make it miss. you should not have to sink the carbs eather sence you are just changeing jets.

#4 ·
Not to over step what they are saying but i have had lots of experience with syncing carbs and its a good idea to always sync the carbs after any mods or atleast twice a year. After you sync the carbs wait a week and resync them again because of carbon build up and its always better to be safe then sorry. Synced carbs can extend the life of you motor by 20,000 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.