Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Nerve Wracking Incident

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Raiderman 
#1 ·
I am new to having a VN 750, only a couple months. Mine is a 2001 with 10000 miles. Last night while heading home after work (I work night shift), I went to pass a pickup that was going 20 miles an hour. As I went to pass they decided to speed up, so I opened her up. After putting them a safe distance behind me, I eased off the throttle and what do you know, it wouldn't close. So here I am flying down a road at the edge of town with a bike that won't slow down. After 2 or 3 seconds of "WTF am I going to do?" I reached up and turned off the kill switch. I opened and closed the throttle a couple times and it released. I restarted, crept home and immediately changed my pants, lol.

I looked at everything between the handle and the carbs and can't see anything that is catching or binding. Any suggestions on what happened so that I can fix it?

All help is appreciated.

#3 ·
May be a sticky pivot point on the carb controls themselves. Try spraying some penetrating oil on the carbs to see if that loosens anything up.

#5 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check the cables and spray everything down in the morning. Hopefully one of those will do the trick.

Thanks again for the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.