Cuts out under load - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Cuts out under load

I have recently coastered my bike using the marble trick. I am not sure if this is anything to do with the cause of a recent problem.

When driving the bike hard the bike dies. It either looses all power or has intermittent power until generally I have to pull over to wait a few minutes before she's off again.

It seems very much like fuel starvation.

I have checked the filters in the tank and the fuel pipes. Both are good. I have also opened the petrol cap but this didn't work either.

Can anyone help out with suggestions on what to check?

How does the pet-cock work? Is there a vacuum valve actuated by the carb that controls the fuel flow at the pet-cock? Could it be this?

Also, after the coastering (I left all pipe work in place but placed marbles in the 2 pipes to the heads), do I need to block the vacuum pipe attached between the carb and actuator valve or can/should I leave this connected? Could this be the cause of the problem?

Any help is muchos apreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

The petcock does operate on a vacuum, so you'll want to keep your hose from the front carb to the petcock installed. The rear carb vacuum line, however, needs to be closed off once you've coastered. Try putting a golf tee of right-diameter bolt in the hose and see if that helps.

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement