Throttle Cable Routing and Such - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Cool Throttle Cable Routing and Such

Hey everyone,

I've recently been working on a rejet project as I install K&Ns and a set of Cruzers. I got the carbs out, cleaned up, jetted, and put back, in no small part due to this site. This place definitely is the go-to place for information. Which brings me to my question. As I was putting the carbs back onto the bike, I went to install the throttle cables and I'm not sure about it. The close or "push" cable is the one closest to the bike, at least as I've understood my Clymer's and the multiple postings on this site. At the carb end of the "push" cable, I put the cable sheath bracket into the appropriate slot on the carb and then pulled the little eyelet around into place and spun the cable back in to place. When I tried to push the slack back into the sheathing, I found that I seem to have some additional slack (See pictures attached). I installed the open "pull" cable similarly, and there isn't a whole lot of extra slack in that cable by comparison. My question is this: Does the push cable get routed in any special manner from the sheath bracket on the carb to the eyelet on the carb, or is this a straight shot? I think it should be a straight shot. I have not tried to manipulate the adjusters at the throttle grip yet...I realized late last night that the throttle cables have never been installed correctly...as directed by Clymers or the Kawaskai manual. The cables have previously been routed outside of the bracket near the radiator cap (see pre-job picture below). I think I may just unbolt this bracket instead of undoing the cable installation since I have it torn apart anyhow...that is unless I installed the cables wrong on the carb to begin with! My concern though, is the cables have never been routed correctly, so this should not be giving me trouble now. When I twist the throttle, the pull cable works, and the push cable moves free once the slack is taken up in motion. Maybe I just need to work on the adjustments at the throttle? I hope I provided enough details, but if not, I will be checking back throughout the day. THANKS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0415000524.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	2668   Click image for larger version

Name:	0415000523.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	2669   Click image for larger version

Name:	0402001142a.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	2670  

Last edited by hoff02; 04-15-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

Besides the adjusters at the throttle end, you can also use the ones at the carb end if needed.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement