Clean Carb Jets without removing carbs from engine - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Clean Carb Jets without removing carbs from engine

First I want to thank the thousands of posts, Many,Many of you have been very helpful in keeping my 92 VN750 running with 23,000 miles. However have encountered a carb problem. Bike sat since Bike Week. and the beast just stumbled at mid range 2-4k. Tried many of the seafoam tricks "GREAT STUFF"
but nothing worked. I did not want to take the carbs off the engine. Lost sleep over it ahhhha!theres a way to get to the jets, Just remove the lower cover drain plate!!!! Used a 7mm wrench and presto there are the jets. They can now be removed with a offset screwdriver or 1/4 rachet driver. I use a dental mirror {buy at flea market) to see the jets.This is the way to rejet for those of you who are De-earring and adding those new hot pipes. I blasted with spray Gumout, used Advanced spray carb cleaner {cheaper).
Note on the main jet I lifted the needle vacum assembly, placed a plastic sharpie to hold it up and sprayed away. Use the red spray nozzle in the jet holes. Note on midrange stumble problems the needle jet gets goop on it, this cleans both needle and jet!! Let the jets sit for about a hour, blow out with compressed air. Use a rubber hose fitted on the jets. Then I fired it up and took it for a hard ride, and WOW, it's a beast again!!!! This worked for me and hopefullly will work for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Well done! I suppose it is possible, I've just been too afraid to try it. Nice description - thanks!

C
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Vintage bike addict

I'll have to give that a try!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 02:35 PM

Pics? I've got my cover plates off but I don't see any sort of "assembly" that I can lift or move to clean under. I've got a midrange stumble like you said but it looks pretty clean in there to me.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Overkill? Whats that?

yup did that trick once when after a rebuild one of the gaskets started to leak right before a ride, popped them off and a little rvt super black and she was good to go. still is lol.

2000 ZRX1100 - Mad Max Black, and faster than I care to go.
1995 Vulcan 750 Bobberish project. - SOLD

"There are two opinions in this world MINE, and the wrong one. . . " - Jeremy Clarkson
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:10 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguitar89 View Post
Pics? I've got my cover plates off but I don't see any sort of "assembly" that I can lift or move to clean under. I've got a midrange stumble like you said but it looks pretty clean in there to me.
I understand your situation but you are responding to a thread from 2009. I do not know if those members are still active at this time. If my memory serves me right I believe CRobins was said to be pretty good with the rebuild projects and also had a vast collection of spare parts. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguitar89 View Post
Sounds like you might have the covers off the coasting enrichers. Round cover on the side of the carb?

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement