Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Slight miss at around 4.5k

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Slip 
#1 ·
Still experiencing a miss at times. But sometimes it goes away. Things I have so far are: Run Seafoam through a tank, turn mixture screws out 3 1/2 turns, Cleaned electrical contacts under both side covers. The foam air filters are in pretty rough shape, so I have ordered K&N filters. Where else should I look?

#2 ·
Since you air filters are shot you are probably running a little lean. Once you install the new filters your problem could be fixed. :smiley_th

Have you installed the NGK DPR7EIX-9 Iridium plugs?

#4 ·
For now you can try opening the screws out to 4.0- 4.5 5 turns is max. Over 3.5 it is a good Idea to put a dab of silicone over the screw so there is no chance of it vibrating out.

#6 ·
One of the common problems with a miss at higher rpms is the vent hose in the right air filter bottoming out. Since your filters are shot this may well be the actual cause of the miss at higher rpms too.
Check the vent hose and make sure it is seated properly and the tip is cut at a 45 degree angle.
With new filters and the vent hose getting proper air flow the miss should disappear. You will most likely want to adjust the air mix screws back down to about 2 3/4 with the new filters too. 3 and a half is usually a bit much with stock.

#8 ·
Some times it will botom out and cause fuel flow problems, cutting the hose at an angle eliminates this problem. :smiley_th

#12 ·
Awesome! With the K&N's you will never have to buy air filters again. :rockon:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.