Ok. Things I'm looking at to solve here. And I have video of everything I'll cover.
1. Idling Problem (in the video below)
2. Tapping sound in the motor area. (in the video below)
3. Popping/backfire from the exhaust. (in the video below)
4. Dirty NEW spark plugs (pics below)
Things to consider.
- Bought it used so I'm just dealing with all this - and I'm a beginner
- All spark plugs are sparking and all caps are sparking plugs.
- Spark plugs are NEW - the ones in it before were BLACK! (pictures of new ones below)
- I cleaned the carbs (will clean again if needed!)
- Air jet is turned -360 degrees from all the way IN - that's a full turn
- There is NOTHING attached to the t-connector of the vents on top of the carb (see video 1) - I can't see where it goes.
So here is the vid of me starting and getting the bike warmed up.
Here is this vid of me starting the bike again after a short visit to the store. On the road I had turned the idle juice up (more throttle).
So after that vid - when I hit the road - I'm about to get home and about 100 yards till then it just dies. I neutral all the way in... I tried turning it over again and no go - put it on reserve, no go.
I screwed the air jets back in then turned them out -900 degrees (2.5 full turns). Charged the battery a little - waited - it started again - then it dies about a 1/4 mile out.
Won't start again. Still in reserve and it won't start but is turning (maybe I didn't wait long enough). I get back and it won't start. Charge the battery for a half hour and it starts... GRRR!!! So maybe there's also something draining my battery..........
Here are the spark plugs! (these are NEW):
BACK (notice the wetness on one of them..)