Still putting it back together after pulling the motor and am trying to figure out where the hoses go.
1. Short hose from petcock to front carb.
2. Hose runs from emissions to rear carb.
3. 2 hoses from carbs run to T fitting then either runs to right filter housing or fuel sending unit under tank.
4. This last one has me stumped. I have a really long host that is sitting loose on top of the motor and hanging down the back. I thik this one connects to the fuel sending unit but I have no idea where the other end goes. Please help.
This forum is great. You guys have been very helpful.
Ok, so these are all the smaller diameter hoses, not the emissions ones. That's good.
1. Vacuum line - comes from petcock to vacuum port (nipple) on the front carb.
2. Vacuum line for rear carb - comes from vacuum port (nipple) on rear carb and runs back to the emissions cannister.
3. The two lines coming off the carbs to the "t" fitting are your vents for the carbs. That hose coming out of the "t" should sit inside the right air filter housing unit.
4. I "believe" what you're looking at there is the coolant overflow hose. It comes off the thermo unit right by the cap, slides under the frame but over the airbox, and then to the coolant bottle.
Hope that helps!
BTW - the fuel sending unit operates off a float in the tank, sending an electronic signal to show how much fuel is left. The unit is hooked up to the wiring harness by a small, two-prong connector. There is a tank vent hose, but it comes off the rear of the tank and hangs down inside the frame at the front of the saddle.