Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDiesel View Post
It removes the protective natural passive aluminium oxide layer and allows it to corrode until a new layer is formed. If any vinegar is left on the metal it will not form that protective layer.
Same like using chlorine or steel scrubbing pads with stainless steel can damage the passive oxide layer and make it corrode.

That last bit I know because I know a man that tried to clean his DeLorean with a scrubbing pad. Turned into a very expensive and ugly mess to fix.
I always advise a thorough neutralizing rinse. Hadn't considered passive layers. I do warn it will darken aluminum somewhat, but it's acceptable in some applications. Makes brass jets look new. Eats corn syrup concrete like butter.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Iím more concerned with everything being cleaned, than the color of the carbs. I soaked it in a baking soda, then sprayed it liberally with wd-40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'08 Road King Classic
'86 VN750:
Ear Shave, K&N Filters, Mean Streak Seat, AGM battery, Blue Wire Mod, Pick-up Coil Mod, Timing Advance Mod, NGK Iridium Plugs and Wire, LEDs, Bed Liner Paint Job, Over-sized Tires, New Brakes, New Fork Seals, Progressive Springs, Kick Stand Mod, Highway Pegs, 40/140 No Shims, Vance & Hines Exhaust, New Grips, Extra Wide Emgo Handle Bars
John 8:44, REV 2:9, REV 3:9 - If you were kicked out of 109 bars, would you think the problem was you, or the 109 bars?
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 01:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Just make sure they open at the same time you turn the throttle
That is the definition of syncing the carbs...

'89 VN750 Bought stock 4/12/18 @ 17805.9 miles $800. Wrecked once. 27454.5+ miles

Completed modifications:
Removed mufflers, straight pipes out of GB. 110/90 Front Tire. Pick-up coil mod. Shindengen MOSFET FH020AA r/r. USB Outlet + Voltmeter. Repainted Metallic Blue w/ new tank bages. Ear Shave (wo/ coasters) 40/140 NO shims 45MPG. MCCT conversion.

Planned modifications:
Custom LED turn signals. Windshield. Highway Pegs. (Possible) ignition adv. Tuxedo Mod. Ignition coil mod.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2020, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Haha. Youíre not wrong Jason. I was referring to the manometer though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason Pittenger likes this.

'08 Road King Classic
'86 VN750:
Ear Shave, K&N Filters, Mean Streak Seat, AGM battery, Blue Wire Mod, Pick-up Coil Mod, Timing Advance Mod, NGK Iridium Plugs and Wire, LEDs, Bed Liner Paint Job, Over-sized Tires, New Brakes, New Fork Seals, Progressive Springs, Kick Stand Mod, Highway Pegs, 40/140 No Shims, Vance & Hines Exhaust, New Grips, Extra Wide Emgo Handle Bars
John 8:44, REV 2:9, REV 3:9 - If you were kicked out of 109 bars, would you think the problem was you, or the 109 bars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement