Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Fuel system problem?

503 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Spockster 
#1 ·
I bought this bike a week ago and was told it wouldn't charge (stator?). The bike didn't run but I got it started fairly easily. It didn't run great but it ran but the carburetors were leaking badly. I removed the tank and the carbs. I completely cleaned and reinstalled the carbs and it started and ran. I even took it down the road! During the trip, it blew out the half moon section on the valve cover so I parked it and siliconed it as per the manual. Then it wouldn't start again. I removed the carbs again, and adjusted the float because it was still pouring gas. So now I've installed the carbs for a second time and she still won't start. The hose coming front the front that goes into the motor was open. It poured oil so I plugged the outlet. Was that wrong?

#2 ·
Sounds like excess crankcase pressure, like from a broken ring or piston. Puking oil out the vent, pushing a gasket out....

Also sounds like the float was sticking, and now it's adjusted too far? Can try a squirt of gas or starting fluid into the carb throats and see if it fires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.