Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Carb Hoses

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Spockster 
#1 ·
I just want to be sure I’m getting all of this right. I just did the ear shave mod and pulled out all the emissions stuff so there’s a lot of left over parts and I want to be sure I didn’t miss anything getting put back on lol. So below I’ve listed everything that has been done. Please let me know if I did anything incorrectly or missed something.

1. The carb has many vacuum ports and hoses. The two gas lines go to the gas ports on the Petcock. There is a vacuum line that goes from the middle/bottom of the petcock to a vacuum port on the front/left carb. The vacuum port on the rear/right carb gets plugged. The two hoses that come to a T at the top of the carbs go to a emgo filter with the crankcase hose.

2. The two reed valves are capped off with rubber plugs and clamp.

3. The two ports coming out of the bottom of the fuel tank are capped off.

Anything I missed or didn’t do right?

#2 ·
The two hoses with the tee, carb vents, just need to be sheltered from wind. A filter is ok, but some have had to shelter the front of the filter due to wind effects. The hose can be tied to the frame under the tank, or there's a blank nipple on the cover for the fuel sending unit on the bottom center of the tank. Wind on the carb vent make positive pressure in the carb bowl, stopping fuel flow.

3. The two ports coming out of the bottom of the fuel tank are capped off.
I think from your other thread, it looks like you had Calif. emissions, so one port went to the charcoal canister. The other port needs to be vented, just a hose run down toward the road is good enough. As far as which port is which, I would have to dig it up in the manual, you can download that if you want.

VN750_Vulcan_Service_Manual_Parts_Catalogue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.