All fuel system discussion

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Rider/Jerry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmart View Post
Sometimes you can really feel the love on this site.
I have found this site (and the Clymer VN750 manual) to be very helpful. My guess is that just about everybody here has removed all the emissions crap. Many have also removed the entire intake system and put pod filters directly on the carbs. But it is up to each person what they want to do to THEIR bike.
I agree the site and manuals are key, I was just referring to how quickly it seems y’all get annoyed with each other. Just making an observation.
OleDirtyDoc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 12:28 PM
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)

Garage
Its also interesting to see the aversion to emissions control some members have. Taking it off shouldn't hurt a thing. but since I've not yet found that keeping it on hurts anything either, I've just left mine alone so mine is bone stock, emissions-control wise (non-Calif model).

If I had the California model I probably would have removed that much anyway.

So jkwpivot, according to what your own particular viewpoint is towards the hated emissions control stuff, either plan on removing it, or not. Its up to you. Jerry's bike is proof that it runs fine without it. Mine is proof that it runs fine with it. You'll be ok either way.

TOC MCCTs
Saddlebags, hard mounted
Fork mounted tool bag (now hard mounted)
Relocated rear turn signals
LED turn signals, brake lights and running lights
LED license plate frame
Engine Guard and Highway pegs
National Cycles Low Boy Heavy Duty windshield
Home made lowers (nice)
Custom seat (made by a local guy)
Iridium plugs (DPR7EIX-9)
Shenko 230 Tour Master tires at 11,123 miles
Splines lubed at 11,123 miles
Luggage rack
Light bar with LED lights
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 01:03 PM

This forum is surprisingly and refreshingly civil, I think we're all here to help out the random fellow owner of an obscure yet common motorcycle that has its quirks.

I come across as peeved a little, yes. My only point in posting what I did before was to say "CALLED IT!" and to try and slow the inevitable "you can earshave/coasterize/marble mod the bike and get rid of that stuff" because it is completely irrelevant to the OP's question. His mechanic told him flat wrong and all the OP wanted to do was revert his bike back to stock, the way it was before his mechanic lost track of the vacuum hoses. We figured out that his bike was stock with the emissions equipment, told him how to connect it back up properly and revert his bike back to stock, and effectively answered his question fully.

Now we have no less than like 10 additional posts about removing the emissions equipment. That's all valuable information in its own right, but it's a total rehash of the wealth of information already posted on the site more effectively explaining how to remove those systems, and now we have a forum post where we resolved the issue ant then kept on filling the thread with more irrelevant information long after the OP has gone away. Now we have a topic where the final resolution, with pictures and explanation, is buried far away from the final page of the thread.

And now I'm grumbling on like a crotchety old man about a forum post. I guess we all make life harder for ourselves than we need to, don't we?
OleDirtyDoc and Thorn like this.

Earshave+Rejet (38/135) – NGK Iridiums – MCCT Conversion – Slipstreamer S03 Windshield – Custom Extended Backrest – Custom Highway Bars – MOSFET R/R – LED Underglow – Volt+USB In-Dash – Two-Wire & Blue-Wire Mod – Satin Black Engine Paint – Dampers Parts - Jets: Main=99101-393(#132 stock)/Pilot=n424-22 Pilot(#38 stock)

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 03:13 PM

I believe you when you say the forum is rather civil, but again I don’t have any other point of reference. I’m a technology engineer so after working with the stuff all day for 20+ yrs i always wanted to avoid screens of any kind in my downtime. Once I got this bike (my first) I quickly realized that I needed to build up my know-how. The local mechanic around here is an HD guy, good for oil changes, tires etc, but when my stator took a sh-t I called him and at first he quoted me $175. I knew right there that he had no idea the engine had to be pulled or tilted. The two Kawasaki dealers in the area are clear across town and honestly I don’t trust those knuckleheads either. They fixed the stator, but after I got the bike back I realized my clutch cable wasn't really adjusted right and for some odd reason my back tire was down to about 14lbs, and yes they let me ride home like that. I didn’t realize it until I got home and felt the bike wobbling a little in the back. I guess since they were paid already it didn’t matter if I wiped out. But to tie this all back to this thread, I’ll say I have learned to research this site heavily before I post a question simply because it seems you get multiple answers when you do, all seem to be correct but sometimes it information overload.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:13 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmart View Post
I agree the site and manuals are key, I was just referring to how quickly it seems y’all get annoyed with each other. Just making an observation.
That's why I have been observing from a far away land.... lolololololol

Sent from my bloody ass hole using Lickmybutt

Epstein did not kill himself
ubertalldude likes this.

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog

Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 11-19-2019 at 08:43 PM.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. I've attached that hose back to its original spot. It was attached to the gas tank vent. Ran a hose from the gas vent nipple down the middle of the bike. Happy to say that the bike is running great so im just going to leave it stock. Having beautiful weather here in South Fla so its been a real pleasure to ride. Thanks again for the help,

Jordan
OleDirtyDoc and ubertalldude like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement