Air Box Intake Filter & Rubber Boots need - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Siniša Marinković Send a message via Skype™ to Siniša Marinković
Air Box Intake Filter & Rubber Boots need

Kawasaki VN750 VN 750 #7545 Air Box Intake Filter & Rubber Boots need if anyone has and sheep to Serbia.
Maybe only boots help me
I have an open filter and a US model of 25kw with 110 nozzles, I would return to the factory setting.
after cleaning and melting it will not exceed 4500 rpm
Or take the 140 nozzles but then I will drastically increase fuel consumption....
I think it is wiser to go back to factory default settings, because under the new law, there is also a problem with the technical check-up when registering if not everything is by default....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 04:30 AM

Garage
Hi, I don't have any of the pieces you need, but if you are not able to find someone who will sell directly to Serbia, you can have your parts shipped to me and I can ship them to you. I don't imagine that shipping to Serbia is very cheap though. Let me know if you need that kind of help.

https://www.ebay.com/i/401879904958?...hoC5aMQAvD_BwE

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Siniša Marinković Send a message via Skype™ to Siniša Marinković
yes I need it, part cost about 20 $ and shiping cost about 60$ and deliver about 5 days, I need it about 30 days and cheep shiping....

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:20 AM

I'm a bit unsure about "110 nozzles" you mentioned. If you're talking about the carb jets, that sounds like the European size. I didn't look it up though.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes carb jet, I use google translate...
I have main jet 110, maybe if I get 140 thet resolve my problem? I found it on ebay and sheep to serbia, but now I have great MPG, on european I use about 4-4.5l/100km, with 140 jet it be about 6l/100km, I have 25KW model made in USA, not 40-45kW like others

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 12:27 PM

110 is the factory default main jet size for European VN750. It looks like they may have used that size to limit the KW (horsepower).

Not sure going to the original air filters will fix your rpm problem. Does your bike still have the original exhaust system? I would say the rpm is limited by the 110 main jet.

In your first post, are you saying the law requires your air intake to be factory default? In that case ... You might use a 138 main jet with the factory airbox, as long as you have the factory exhaust. They may look to see if your air filters are default, but I doubt they will dig into the carbs to check main jet size. There is a chance they could check emissions at the tailpipe, I'm just not sure what's going on there.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes I have original exhoust, litle drilled
Yes limit is about 7000-7500RPM with fabric filter, and that is OK for me
It must look like defoult on picture, I put ear filters for picture, but I think I can leave open filters, or just put rubber boots and then it look factory.
Mechanic put rich fuel on carb settins and it work like it work... but now my friend mechanic get factory settings and it work to 4500 RPM after karb cleaning on ultrasound bath ...
You think that only jets help? Jet can find new on ebay easy, fabric air box no or so expenciv with sheeping.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 08:41 AM

I think the 110 jets will limit rpm and power, but I'm not completely sure that is limiting yours to 4500 rpm. Seems it should rev higher, but with less power, so would take longer to reach higher rpm. Where are the air vent hoses for your carbs? Those hoses need to be away from wind or it will be limited to around 4500 rpm. Under the gas tank is where we put them.

Think I understand now, you have to send or show pictures of the bike to show it's not modified or made into a chopper. Like these:

http://www.chopper-kit-usa.com/kawasaki_photos.htm

So you might be able to put on the stock air filter housings and carb boots for the pictures. To get the stock airbox in there, you would have to unhook all the wiring harness from the rear and pull the harness out of the frame to the front. 20 minute job, but risky on an old harness.

Any chance they might approve as long as the bike isn't a chopper with extended forks? If there's no penalty you might submit a pic as it is?

2003-21k mi

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yes jets limit rpm to 7000-7500 rpm, not to 4500
it has 4500 rpm in garage, I or mechanic dont drive it
They take picture of bike when I register it, but I can tell them in what angle to take picture.... or what dont want to see... USA model cant register because of many homologation.... but maybe I can, because of that I must first have OK bike and for the price of registration I work whole month
I think I can register it but i want to driwe it then, not to sit in garage like last 3 years, I clean carb, get new batery, oil....... and winter come.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement