Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Bogging down

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Alexgmb24 
#1 ·
So for 3 days my vulcan 750 has been bogging down.wednesday was the worse.it would ride fine for 5 mins and then bogg down to the point it shut down.so last night i cleaned the carbs and today i went for a ride n at about 75mph it would bogg down.the only thing ive changed on the bile is the pitcock.i went from a 2 valve to a one valve with a T connector.my plugs are dry n black and they're only a month old.this is my daily driver.any help would be nice.thank you

#2 ·
If the gas pipes from the petcock are too long they will fold over and pinch off the gas enough to limit high speed travel but start and idle fine.......Been there, done that.

Also make sue the gas is going downhill all the way, its only a small drop from tank to carb bowl and an uphill climb can limit flow dramatically.

#3 ·
+1. also does the bike still have the stock airbox and filters? if so, check the carb vent hose that goes to the right side air filter housing (slips into the back), make sure its not bottomed out.

if its been ear shaved, make sure that same vent hose goes someplace up under the tank, it MUST be in clean non turbulent air to function properly. a good spot is the spare nipple on the fuel sender cover, or tie wrapped to the TOP of the frame rail under the tank

#4 ·
So i road the bike about 100 miles one way and it bogged down when the temp got cooler.then i stopped n it cleared up.but on my way home it was bogging down n i was stopping alot so i started to adjust the carb screw and it got better.like i said befor i put a after market pitcock on n had to make a line to one line from carbs to pitcock.its hard to find a new oem pitcock.but now im leaning more to the carbs cuz it made a change.my plus were dry because i was getting too much air.i believe now i need to adjust the carb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.