Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Oops

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  VN750Rider/Jerry 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I made a boo boo. A pretty big one. While cleaning my carbs I left some essential parts in the chemical dip for a little too long, and they got eaten up enough to no long fit the carb without play. Go ahead , laugh. Once you are finished my question is, is there any site I could get these specific parts alone and not buy an entirely new carb? The parts are both coasting enricher covers, and both jet chamber covers. So far I'm not having much luck with ebay and google hasnt gotten me very far either.

#3 ·
Alright guys, I made a boo boo. A pretty big one. While cleaning my carbs I left some essential parts in the chemical dip for a little too long, and they got eaten up enough to no long fit the carb without play. Go ahead , laugh. Once you are finished my question is, is there any site I could get these specific parts alone and not buy an entirely new carb? The parts are both coasting enricher covers, and both jet chamber covers. So far I'm not having much luck with ebay and google hasnt gotten me very far either.
this is where i go for funky parts. hope this helps. everything is a bit pricey sometimes, but it's OEM and you can buy individual nuts/bolts or anything.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motorcycle/1995/vulcan-750-vn750-a11
Partzilla should PAY US how many times we mention them!! , but they are certainly the place to find the little stuff. Not the cheapest but really dependable.

#5 ·
Carbs and parts like that are hard to come by, and when you find them (used carbs) they're pricey.

Hard to imagine them getting dissolved that much. What did you use?

There's three listings at around $100, that's about as low as they get on ebay. Beats $353.

edit, forgot the link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...cat=6000&_odkw=kawasaki+vn+750&rt=nc&_ipg=100

Keep your eyes peeled locally for a $100 parts bike? Put up a post in the Sell/Swap section here.

Absolutely! Sometimes if I don't see my part on ebay, just plug in the part number and it turns up several good results. Works for my tractors too, or just about anything.

#8 ·
If you don't have a sandblaster, vinegar does make a good chrome remover. I used it to remove the damaged chrome from both front and rear '67 VW bumpers so I could paint them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.