Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Vn 750 Carb issue

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Spockster 
#1 · (Edited)
1998 vulcan 750
I rebuilt heads new gaskets and all.
Got her running but the left side carb to front is blowing back major. Right side rear sucking away. If I put all the air connections back together I get a sputter backfire going on, temp fix is I disconnected the front from the rubber air shaft... running and no more sputter backfiring... gets up to temp.
Can't figure why one carb sucks and other blows. Carb was in 2 pieces when I bought the bike, is there an adjust to the carb that would cause this? It seems to be firing and getting hot, exhaust out of tail pipe...
Addition: today I pulled plugs one at a time, back loses power, front does not. So possibility my front is 180 degrees out? Possible thats why its blowing and not sucking?

#6 ·
Dropped her, pulled tops off front and back... back lined up with flywheel R/mark.. which is the has been firing anyways. Rotated engine and reset front to F/timing mark on fly wheel... rotated engine a few times and every thing looks to line up... put her back in... still spitting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.