Past the point of no return - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Past the point of no return

Workin on taking out my carbs “fun fun” long story short I knocked a hole in my air box so to late to save that monstrosity so it’s cut out and out of my way. But now I really need help with jetting since there is no going back and I really don’t wanna put these back in and end up having too take them right back out. I am about 250 in elevation if that helps. All in all looks ten times better this way just trien too figure out my next step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 04:36 PM

Earshave time! It's like I'm psychic. I followed these guidelines and it worked out perfectly

https://www.vn750.com/forum/22-carbs...ure-enjoy.html

You'll also need some pod filters. I think I bought some like this https://www.amazon.com/RC-2340-Unive.../dp/B00062YOKO

As for coasters, I just marbled the hoses and never got around to replacing them with coasters.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Bookmarked that link, is there some kinda “understandable” chart to get the right jets? Like I said my elevation is low all I’ve ever done is replace rets I’ve never changed sizes.
I will defently looks for some good filters I’ve heard good things about k&n any suggestions for something alil cheaper to get me by till then?
Got rid of all the hoses an Just bought some (coolant bypass caps) look like they will do the job. I don’t think Arkansas has all the emission laws and checks anyways. Thanks for the response I will post my progress!!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 06:35 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Here's a thread on my earshave/jetting experience that may be of some help to you.
It's too bad there's not a chart for jetting but it seems that all these engines are slightly different, so some of us have to experiment a little.
There are some foam unipod filters that are cheaper than the K&Ns. I bought the K&Ns before I learned of the others but I like the way the K&Ns look. If you use the K&Ns, you'll need to shim the rear of the fuel tank about a quarter inch to clear the left filter.

https://www.vn750.com/forum/22-carbs...ear-shave.html

*edit: I'm still running the 40/140 jets and am completely satisfied.

"I need yo clothes, yo boots and yo motocycle."- Uncle Bob

Last edited by roadpouring; 01-26-2019 at 06:38 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

I used Uni Pk-92's on mine, and with stock exhaust, I did NOT need to re-jet, just a mixture screw adjustment is all I needed. I am at about 15 feet altitude, so your 250 wouldnt be significantly different

for blocking off the reed valves, I used some large vacuum caps over the existing nipple of the reed valve box/cover. does same thing as removing the valve and cover and using a blocking plate

2005 VN750

Sold 11-27-17
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

So pretty much trial and error is the only way. Got a lot of tinkering to do. Is there a kit? I read that PJ Motorsports sells jets for the Keihin and I also heard that they can help get you in the ball park? Idk just hearsay thanks for the link kinda giving me an idea on what I just got myself into. Oh also the P.O. did not have one baffle so I took the other one off, considering aftermarket pipes so there’s that other monkey wrench. Thanks for the quick responses!!

Last edited by Chevy65; 01-26-2019 at 10:06 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

I got some caps for the reed valves not as good lookin as the coasters but still looks better than hoses everywhere
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy65 View Post
I got some caps for the reed valves not as good lookin as the coasters but still looks better than hoses everywhere
I got my coasters here:

Coaster

The 1500A coasters fit perfectly.

"I need yo clothes, yo boots and yo motocycle."- Uncle Bob
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpouring View Post
Here's a thread on my earshave/jetting experience that may be of some help to you.
It's too bad there's not a chart for jetting but it seems that all these engines are slightly different, so some of us have to experiment a little.
There are some foam unipod filters that are cheaper than the K&Ns. I bought the K&Ns before I learned of the others but I like the way the K&Ns look. If you use the K&Ns, you'll need to shim the rear of the fuel tank about a quarter inch to clear the left filter.

https://www.vn750.com/forum/22-carbs...ear-shave.html

*edit: I'm still running the 40/140 jets and am completely satisfied.
Actually, you can just tighten the fuel tank down on the K&N pod filter and the SOB will just bend out of the way for you!
roadpouring and Chevy65 like this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganteddybear View Post
I used Uni Pk-92's on mine, and with stock exhaust, I did NOT need to re-jet, just a mixture screw adjustment is all I needed. I am at about 15 feet altitude, so your 250 wouldnt be significantly different

for blocking off the reed valves, I used some large vacuum caps over the existing nipple of the reed valve box/cover. does same thing as removing the valve and cover and using a blocking plate
Any idea the 'size' vacuum cap? I'd love to get rid of the marbles I'm using
Sponsored Links
Advertisement