Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

POOGS??? maybe..

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Kelly2001 
#1 ·
Since I'm in the shop right now, I would like some feedback on two instances I've had of possible POOGS. Its died these two times but in neither instance, did I think POOGS, so I did not leave the cap open for any time other than to look in and check for gas. I was near empty both times but not that empty. Each time we were able to get the bike started with jumper cables after about 20-30 min. That may be a coincidence, but that may have been needed with all of the failed start attempts and the batt was just run down from the strain. The 1st instance was just after I purchased the bike in early March. The 2nd was yesterday. Other than that, no other POOGS issues
Just wondering if its POOGS or a weak battery that dies while riding

#4 ·
Check the tank for crap/rust check the petcock is working correctly is the vacuum working, check/clean float needle valves trouble is with intermittent faults it is hard to dianose, twice in 3 months is very intermittent and frustrating as you never know when or if it will happen again, could be debris blocking off the petcock and with the tank sloshing about clearing and allowing it to start again, I hate faults like this I would rather it stop altogether so you can find and fix the problem:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.