Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Noob here

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  shark88 
#1 ·
Hey yall! New to the group, if yall haven't guessed, I'm form the South, the southerly of the Carolinas. Started riding a year or so ago. I was cruising craigslist like I do looking for deals and found a '94 750, saved it from the junk yard. They weighed it up, 440lb @ 20 cents a pound, $95.04, turned to my friend and asked if he had 4 pennies in the car. Its going to take more than a little TLC to fix up. I see some of whats missing/broken/needs replacement. I can tell it hasn't been treated right, no air filter, the box was full of sand, float bowls were filthy, jets clogged like a low fiber colon. Whomever had it put on the Lowe's Home Improvent special hardtail struts, they're in the hardware section I believe. This is my first forum and first project bike. Sort of first project, I did a little chop and bob on an 82 Yamaha xs400, also from craigslist, but I didn't do the mechanical work.

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome, Good luck with the VN.. Once you get it going it will be a lot of fun.

82 SX400 huh? You still ride it? That was my very fist street bike. Bought it brand new when the 83's hit the lot. Funny how you always remember the first,,lol

#5 ·
Welcome to the Vulcan madness.

#6 ·
Congrats and Welcome.

#8 ·
Rebel13 I see you have done a complete rebuild pictural, Think I'm about to do the same thing. Unfortunatly I do not have a center stand so I'll be using the 4x4 center stand that come as a custom option, part of the sport package.lol. Still trying to figure out how to post a picture on a thread? Anyone know?

#13 ·
Thanks, good looking out on the kickstand and youtube vids.
I'm on youtube all the time, don't know how to do something, youtube it. Chicken Vindaloo? ah youtube. I built an Ugly Drum Smoker from youtube, best bbq, ribs, chicken, boston butt...build one for around $100, it is way better and more user friendly than anything in the stores. I like to have a project, something to reasearch/learn about or I'll be bored out of my gourd. Another good chanel for motorcycle repair/maintenance/restoration on youtube is mrmaxstorey , it might be "beginerish" , good for the noobs, but hey, you might pick up a trick or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.