Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

before i check my pickup coils .........

2K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  new rider 9984 
#1 ·
just wanted some opinions on the matter i recently did the pick up mod and it helped my hot start and also my fuel mileage.
On my hundred mile ride to galveston texas she was perfect at speed.
however when i got into traffic on the main strip the back head seemed to be missing every few revolutions but as son as i throttled up i felt it kick back in i had a simular issue a while back but it turned out to be a kinked fuel line since i replaced the fuel line it was diong good until i got to galveston
so here is the specs
1. engine completely warmed up but not overheating
2. great at highway speeds
3. back cyl. stumbles at idle
4. pickup mod done
5. ign.coil mod done
6. stator good
7. bat good
8. r/r relocated

now if my screws vibrated loose on the pick up for the rear cyl. could that cause these symptoms?

#3 ·
i was thinking fuel delivery as well
i went ahead and checked my pickups anyways and its a good thing i did because i didnt bring the contact up to the pick up before gapping them
what an idiot huh
regapped them correctly this time but the problem is still there i replaced the seal on the petcock the one between it and the tank because it was leaking and now the seal around the positioner is leaking
could that cause it?

#5 ·
thats just it it only doesnt fire at idle and that is just sometimes on the highway it fires every time

#6 ·
Idle jet stopped up. You can remove the jet cover with a 9mm wrench and use an angled crew driver to remove the jet. Spay carb cleaner into the jet openning and into the carb hole that the jet goes in. It is not easy, but I have done it. You may need a piece of hose to help you hold the jet upon replacement.

#7 ·
and now i just checked voltage to the rear ign. coil and its 12.1 key on engine off and 12.5 key on engine on and she isnt stumbling but when i hit the throttle quick i get a puff of white smoke

#10 ·
i looked on my set of parts carbs and the smaller jet has a 38 on it and the bigger one has a 32

#12 ·
my fault its 38 on the little one and 132 on the big one and it isnt a 9mm on the screw it is a 9/32 or 7mm they cross over exactly

#14 ·
ok so i took out both jets and cleaned them with carb cleaner and then i realized durring re instalation that it was the front carb i was doing and i am having my problem on the back one i want to slap myself stupid right now

#17 ·
however the prblem has either vanished or it was in the front carb i dont know but i will find out soon!
where is my helmet?
got it !
i will let yall know how it tuns out

#18 ·
# 38 for the pilot and # 132 for the main jet are the stock jet sizes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.