Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Pictures Please
Thread: Pictures Please
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Vulcan2000
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Knifemaker suggests a very good tool for those looking to learn more about their bikes. Take pictures as you go! A simple inexpensive digital camera is a great tool especially when it is time to put things back together. I doubt if you could take too many pictures and in the end you can always erase any that are not needed. They may also come in handy for someone else in the future. Photograph before and during each step of the disassembly. Reassembly is just following the pictures in the reverse order. A week old memory after waiting for parts can be a problem as mentioned. When I was a kid I had a habit of taking apart every toy I ever received within days. Finally my father told me that anything that was taken apart and not put back together within three days was going in the trash. I quickly learned to pay attention as to how everything came apart. I learned how to lay the pieces out in order and then just start at the opposite end of the parts line and put it all back together again. Most of the items on these bikes are not that difficult but be sure you are not getting in over your head before you start to take it apart. Use the search tab on top to review any reports from previous write ups. Good luck.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome