Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

n008 checking in.

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  OlHossCanada 
#1 ·
I have been reading the site for the past two weeks or so and can only say THANK YOU! I just bought an 87' from my brother'n law for $100. Lets just say it has a few issues. :doh: I have been able to get it running, after reading a ton of your posts. Changed the oil, gas, and a cursory carb cleaning. I will have to buy a few things for it but the main problem I am running into right now is that the hockey puck has completely come apart on me and I need a new one. I have the keys to everything so I don't want to buy a whole new ignition switch, but I can't seem to find anyone just selling the puck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again thanks for all your post and those who have put manuals online for the rest of us. :smiley_th

#2 ·
Welcome the the Vulcan madness dalaw123.
n008 huh?
Does the double ought number mean you are a secret agent giving you a licence to kill?? :)

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. The service manual is in Kanuk69 signature.

#5 ·
n008 huh?
Does the double ought number mean you are a secret agent giving you a licence to kill??

No not secret agent, but with looks that can kill. :drool: JK.

welcome, can you get a ignition on ebay for parts?

I have seen one ignition set on ebay but it was for the entire key ignition set not the hockey puck alone. I was hoping to just buy the puck.

#6 ·
Ck with CEAL, I sold him one (hockey puck), he had bought another previous but did not know if that was his problem or not. He may still have one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.