Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

No electrical power

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  2fas4u 
#1 ·
Trying to start after storing all winter. Battery is fully charged, all fuses are good. When key inserted and turned to "on" position nothing happens, no lights, no horn, no dash lights. No idea what is wrong. Help!

#2 ·
#3 ·
Check all positive connections from battery to the relay to the bottom of the starter.
Check negative (ground) connections from battery to frame, and the ground wire from frame to the back of the engine.

#4 ·
Check your fuses.. I am pretty sure if the 30amp fuse blows nothing comes on.

#5 ·
Thanks for ideas

I went for the easy one first and replaced the fuses. No luck, still no power. So I guess now I will have to start tearing it down to the wiring connections.

I noticed a loose connector hanging from the headlight. Is it suppose to be there or could this be my break in the power?

I checked it with my electrical meter and when grounded it is delivers 12 volts but the wire/connector doesn't seem to be long enough to connect to anything

#6 ·
I went for the easy one first and replaced the fuses. No luck, still no power. So I guess now I will have to start tearing it down to the wiring connections.

I noticed a loose connector hanging from the headlight. Is it suppose to be there or could this be my break in the power?

I checked it with my electrical meter and when grounded it is delivers 12 volts but the wire/connector doesn't seem to be long enough to connect to anything
Sounds like your looking at the accessory wire. That supposed to be there like that in case you want to hook stuff up to it.

#7 ·
You need to get yourself the electrical schematics for the bike so you know what your looking at and can come up with a systematic way to fine out where your loosing your voltage. There is a free manual somewhere on here that you can download.
As your looking at the schematics, keep in mind your looking at a specific section. For example: Your looking at the ignition schematic if you check the continuity of the ignition switch and its good that doesnt mean its good for the other things that goes through the switch, so you would have to look at other schematics.

#8 ·
Thanks for the help problem fixed

Thanks for the help. I took the battery out and had it check by the shop. Everything OK. Checked all the wiring and still could not find the problem. I happen to notice the battery had a full charge but when I turn the key on the power dropped to"0". Realized it was the battery. I found out they call it a surface charge. It looks like it has a full charge but drops to 0 when a load is put on it. Bought a new battery and it started right up. :smiley_th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.