Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Kick Starters

6K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  El_Taco 
#1 ·
Has anyone came across a kickstarter for the vn750? If so the info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Odie from Trinity NC.

#3 ·
someone was asking about that not too long ago...any kick starter would have to be custom made, personally I think it would be a good idea. I would say try the yahoo site someone there might know of one thats been done. but honestly I doubt it, people get too caught up in the easy way these days.

#4 ·
With the high compression the Vulcan has, I'd think you'd also need to add some kind of compression release mechanism too.
All in all, it'd probably be quite an extensive project.

#6 ·
I'm all for the kickstarter. That was the only let down when I bought the bike. It certainly would be less drain on the battery.

Tankist, now you're thinking like a lazy American. Congratulations!

#7 ·
After watching my neighbor nearly get launched into orbit starting his old ElectraGlide cop bike with the kick starter, I think I'll pass. The smaller dirt bikes I used to ride were fine with a kick starter but even the old Yamaha 360 Enduro had a compression relief valve on it so that the kickback didn't launch you too far. I'll be a lazy American and stick with the electric start on this bike.

#8 ·
I've heard rumors that they don't put kickstarters on bikes over 500cc for that very reason, so I wasn't taken by surprise that much when I found out we didn't have them.

#10 ·
i can see how some veterans of MC'ing or someone who comes from dirt biking can feel uncomfortable not having that option. my dad, who loves the bike just can't stop complaining about it and i'm no longer going into arguments. the only thing i say "well, your camry doesn't have one either". he thinks about and agrees that he thinks late 70's when he rode his last "2 wheeled motorized vehicle" (hardly could be called motorcycle . he brought into his condo on 3 floor (no elevator!) every night for it not to get stolen. )

well in any case the vulcan going to be his first bike in US as i'm signing him and myself (can't hurt to take it again) for MSF cource this spring . he is very exited about riding again. even though i will not get any $ from this kinda sale it is still good to know that the vn750 will stay in the family.

i wonder if he is going to miss the kickstart

#11 ·
I used the push start option on my 750 last week. Really glad there was anther person, couldn't do it alone, except maybe down a good hill. Hopefully new r/r will take care of the push start option.

My 77 Yamaha XS750 triple had a kick start as did my KZ 400. Used to use it just for the fun once in a while.

Jon

#12 ·
Thanks for all your responses! I must agree that I would rather use an electric start but I am old school and do love the kick start also I like the idea of haveing a back up way to start the bike without haveing to roll it off in the event the starter fails.

#13 ·
odie said:
Thanks for all your responses! I must agree that I would rather use an electric start but I am old school and do love the kick start also I like the idea of haveing a back up way to start the bike without haveing to roll it off in the event the starter fails.
Eggsactly!

#14 ·
lol... it would be alot of work, money and time to put a kick start in here.... why want it anyway.... plus of all the issues i know of, starter failure is last on the list, right behind the brake bearings failing prematurely :p

#16 ·
Well, now that you asked, you could get a winch and "hand crank" it up a hill, and use the tranny to start the car. Unless it's an automatic.

I think your sentra would be a little hard to start by hand. You might consider a kickstarter instead.

#17 ·
Yeah, I was upset about the lack of a kicker. I've been on my CB500 for two years, and never used the electric start once.

My 550 has one,

As does my CB750A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.