"Blanche" is charging steady at 14.33 volts - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Location: Southern Maryland, Waldorf/LaPlata/Indian Head area

Talking "Blanche" is charging steady at 14.33 volts

Finally turned the key! "Blanche" is steady at 14.33 volts. Still got some gremlins, I noticed unusual popping when I give her the gas, when i let off she pops more than she did before she dumped me back in Sept. Charging is really much better,the little green light stays on all the time. Also noticed the dash lights flickered once or twice. I don't see any oil leaks,so that's a good thing. Turned the lights on an still steady at 14.33 volts, Happy Pappy! Also got the stator from Willies Cycle

1985 700 Vulcan / Purchased 13,636 miles currently 19,126/Fork Seals & Dust Covers/Ignition Switch/AGM Battery/Hell Fire Windshield/River Roads Saddle Bags/Coil Relay Mod/2Wire Mod/RLU Bypass/Head Light Switch/Voltage monitor Green light/Mosfit R&R/Tuxedo Mod/Stator/Point Gap .020/ Dampers/Rear Signal & Brake Light LED'S/Rebuilt Shutoff Valve/Final Drive Gear Oil/Brake Shoes/Spline & Hub Lube/11 inch Progressive Shocks/De Goated/Engine Guard/Rejetted For K/N Pods/TOC mcct's

Last edited by Sparkys73150; 11-13-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 08:05 AM

Awesome! Hope you can get some good miles on it soon after you sort out the little touches, it'll definitely be good to see how a Willies Cycle stator holds up.

Glad you got her running, man. It's painful to have the engine out just staring at you unable to run!

Earshave+Rejet (38/135) NGK Iridiums MCCT Conversion Slipstreamer S03 Windshield Custom Extended Backrest Custom Highway Bars MOSFET R/R LED Underglow Volt+USB In-Dash Two-Wire & Blue-Wire Mod Satin Black Engine Paint Dampers Parts - Jets: Main=99101-393(#132 stock)/Pilot=n424-22 Pilot(#38 stock)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 01:45 PM

Yep, what uber said, we're keeping an eye on those Willie's stators.

With those electrical mods you have, it should be trouble-free.

Looks like a fan relay is the only one left to do, same here, and I know I need that. I get some pretty deep brownouts at low speed with the fan running, think my stator even growls a bit during those. It's that damn junction box.

1oz per gallon of gas with Seafoam and some rides might cure the popping. It's pretty much a routine about twice a year for me. My bike sat all summer, after I fixed the oil leak last month it was popping on decel and sounding kind of ratty/cammy at the same time. About 1 1/2 days riding with seafoam and it's cleared up. I think the coast enrichers get sticky with the ethanol. My carbs were just cleaned and the gas tank is brand new.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Location: Southern Maryland, Waldorf/LaPlata/Indian Head area

I run stable & seafoam I think my popping is just pilot air screw adjustment. I'm very optimistic about this stator. I've only had it running on the center stand,mostly at about 1500 rpm's. That junction box is junk. I was doing the electrical one piece at a time, so if I had trouble I could figure it out. The fan is all that's left to do maybe a fuse box, but if it an't broke, I don't like to fix it! I thank everyone for your input.

1985 700 Vulcan / Purchased 13,636 miles currently 19,126/Fork Seals & Dust Covers/Ignition Switch/AGM Battery/Hell Fire Windshield/River Roads Saddle Bags/Coil Relay Mod/2Wire Mod/RLU Bypass/Head Light Switch/Voltage monitor Green light/Mosfit R&R/Tuxedo Mod/Stator/Point Gap .020/ Dampers/Rear Signal & Brake Light LED'S/Rebuilt Shutoff Valve/Final Drive Gear Oil/Brake Shoes/Spline & Hub Lube/11 inch Progressive Shocks/De Goated/Engine Guard/Rejetted For K/N Pods/TOC mcct's

Last edited by Sparkys73150; 11-14-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement