How to Disconnect Turn Signal Wires - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
How to Disconnect Turn Signal Wires

Trying to install the turn signal relocation kit. Stuck on how to disconnect the signal wiring. I can see that it's the thick black wire coming from the signal and traveling into that little blue plastic piece, but I'm at a loss as to where the disconnect happens and how. Any assistance appreciated! Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170827_160937_1503871589805.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	40689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170827_160924_1503871626932.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	40697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170827_160946_1503871687699.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	40705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170827_160918_1503871715832.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	40713  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 07:09 PM

Those blue connectors are aftermarket add-ons. You should be able to open those and add the longer wires to run to the relocated lights. If you've never used them before, it may take some studying to understand how they work. Basically, the connector makes a slight cut into the wire when it is closed on the new wire.

If the blue connectors weren't there, I would just tap into the stock wiring and run my new wires from there. I did solder and heat shrink them on mine, makes the connection more reliable.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you. I will have to figure out how the heck to open those blue connectors. And once open, I'll have to figure out how to connect the wire extension. Thanks for the guidance I really need it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 02:56 PM

Garage
Looks like those are 'vampire tap' type splices. There's probably a hinge on one side of the flat surface, and a latch on the other that you can pry up with a small screwdriver to lift the whole side up like a lid. Under that there's a metal bar that has been pushed flush with the underlying surface. If you can pry that bar up, it'll lift the 'teeth' (on the bottom of the bar, inside the case and currently embedded in the wires) out of the wires, and you can pull the wires out of each end. That only saves you a tiny bit of wire over cutting the wire at the blue connectors, which you might not need if you're splicing in new extensions.

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
Sponsored Links
Advertisement