Members who have donated towards server costs
Join Date: Nov 2008
You have the non US/Canada electrical system with a separate 3-position lights switch on the right handlebar (ON - LIGHTS - OFF)? In the LIGHTS position the instrument lights, the low wattage parking light within the headligt, tail light and number plate light are on. If you are sure that the tail fuse is ok, then check this chain with ignition on and headlight switch at LIGHTS position:
- 12V at the R/W wire of the junction box 8-pin connector.
- 12V at the R/W wire of the headlight switch.
- 12V at the R/BL wire of the headlight switch.
- 12V at the BL wire of the ignition switch.
- 12V at the R wire of the ignition switch.
- 12V at all R wires of the connectors under the seat.
Not all easy points to measure, but if you have 12V at the junction box and nothing at the connectors under the seat, you have to work your way to either direction to find the fault.