HELP Please! Completely lost! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

1Likes
  • 1 Post By OleDirtyDoc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

HELP Please! Completely lost!

I have an 87, I bought a new LED tail light for the bike. Yesterday I put in on the bike and wired it up. Red/Red, Blue/Blue and ground. Started the bike and checked the light, the light stayed on like I was on the brake. I turned the bike off, disconnected the wires and put Red/Blue, Blue/Red and ground. I turned the key on the the tail light worked and when I pressed the brake and it work perfect. Turned the key off, buttoned everything up and went to start the bike, nothing! Pulled all four plugs and no spark. Checked on the wires/fuses, power is going to the coils, everything works except no spark, any suggestions, thank you in advance, I really appreciate it, completely lost,

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Garage
You checked the interlock? i.e. you're not trying to start in gear with the clutch engaged?

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 01:08 PM

Thumbs up

There is a switch on the kickstand,also?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 01:32 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markak View Post
I have an 87, I bought a new LED tail light for the bike. Yesterday I put in on the bike and wired it up. Red/Red, Blue/Blue and ground. Started the bike and checked the light, the light stayed on like I was on the brake. I turned the bike off, disconnected the wires and put Red/Blue, Blue/Red and ground. I turned the key on the the tail light worked and when I pressed the brake and it work perfect. Turned the key off, buttoned everything up and went to start the bike, nothing! Pulled all four plugs and no spark. Checked on the wires/fuses, power is going to the coils, everything works except no spark, any suggestions, thank you in advance, I really appreciate it, completely lost,

Mark
You have been asking questions concerning electrical problems with your bike for just over a month (19 postings) and have received many answers and yet you still haven't found time to post a simple introduction under the Newbie Check-In heading telling us a little bit about your riding/wrenching experience or your location. If we knew something about your wrenching and electrical experience maybe we could suggest some course of action more suited to your abilities so you could correct your problem and be on the road more. Also if you were to give us a clue as to your actual location there might be a experienced member close by that would be willing to give you a hand and get your situation cleared up. I am not sure why so many newbies want to just get all the answers with out offering up any information as we request initially. Seems selfish and very unfriendly as far as I am concerned. With that said maybe we should just accept the last portion of your heading here, "....completely lost,...." to mean social skills and manners are lost also. I was raised that someone looking for answers should at least make an attempt not to offend those that are being asked for the freebie answers. I guess I am just from another age but I rather be old fashioned than unsociable in the age of so much social media. JMHO Good luck.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

I appreciate the suggestions, your are right Vulcan 2000, I should've introduced myself, that being said I think you need to get off your Senior member high horse. To suggest my social skills is lost as well when you have zero clue of the type of person I am. Based off your attitude and your condescending remarks shows me the type of person you are, JMHO. If someone on here has a question that I can answer, I do not need to flex my interent muscles, I would simple answer their question as a member that's willing to help whether they introduced themselves or not. Thank you to the members that did answer my questions, I do really appreciate it as I said in every post. This is an awesome source of information and knowledge. I ended up having a friend of mine coming over who has a Vulcan as well. My first thought was the pick up coils or ignitor. I pulled my friends ignitor of his bike, plugged it in and SPARK! So I was about to order one of ebay for a local pickup when I noticed the connectors appeared wet and rusted. I cleaned them off and SPARK. So the bike is now running. I went through all the connectors and did the same, I just cant believe it would go from spark to no spark like that. Lessen learned, Thanks Guys!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:52 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markak View Post
I appreciate the suggestions, your are right Vulcan 2000, I should've introduced myself, that being said I think you need to get off your Senior member high horse. To suggest my social skills is lost as well when you have zero clue of the type of person I am. Based off your attitude and your condescending remarks shows me the type of person you are, JMHO. If someone on here has a question that I can answer, I do not need to flex my interent muscles, I would simple answer their question as a member that's willing to help whether they introduced themselves or not. Thank you to the members that did answer my questions, I do really appreciate it as I said in every post. This is an awesome source of information and knowledge. I ended up having a friend of mine coming over who has a Vulcan as well. My first thought was the pick up coils or ignitor. I pulled my friends ignitor of his bike, plugged it in and SPARK! So I was about to order one of ebay for a local pickup when I noticed the connectors appeared wet and rusted. I cleaned them off and SPARK. So the bike is now running. I went through all the connectors and did the same, I just cant believe it would go from spark to no spark like that. Lessen learned, Thanks Guys!
How would Tom know you if you didn't introduce yourself? I personally know Tom and he is an awesome person.he just happens to be amung a school of people that introduce themselves and finds it rude and offensive if one doesn't,and isn't afraid to let people know that.get to know him a little. he's a good guy

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 09:53 AM
2014 KLR 650!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
How would Tom know you if you didn't introduce yourself? I personally know Tom and he is an awesome person.he just happens to be amung a school of people that introduce themselves and finds it rude and offensive if one doesn't,and isn't afraid to let people know that.get to know him a little. he's a good guy

We went a out a few times but he was moving way way too fast for me.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 09:55 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyfoot2001 View Post
We went a out a few times but he was moving way way too fast for me.
that's cause he's on a vulcan

majdsaster likes this.

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP