What fuses for the junction box on an 86? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

What fuses for the junction box on an 86?

Hi Guys!
So...I bought this motorcycle off Kijiji, right...

I got it off the second owner. First guy had it for a while, loved it. "Did some work to it and it never ran right after.". The bike has a nice set of short V&H pipes on it and he didn't do anything to the carbs after is my guess, but anyway. Mr. #1 sold it to Mr #2 and he had his "buddy who does his own work for his cars and stuff" try to fix it. They couldn't get anything sorted, it sat in his shed for a few years and then he listed it and sold it to me cheap. Well, I've been tinkering with it and the starter was just clicking after a new battery. There were 4 30's in the junction box and the top right slot, "Head", was kinda melted. Didn't seem right. I found an old maintenance manual on tocmanufacturing.com but it just says 2 30's and 4 10's and not where any of them go..

Wtf is supposed to be in this where?

Also, while searching through the internet for the answer I saw a bunch of references with Vulcans having a 30 on the right side, hidden away, that needs to be replaced sometimes. Is this for newer models? Couldn't find one anywhere...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:52 PM

Garage
Sounds like you are going to have to do a thorough overall on this bike. There is a ton of info here. The site and the members are very useful. Read this. It will probably help you get some answers.

Drew
'03 VN750 a little over 4300 miles
Spline lube
F&S Rear blinker relocation
F&S Luggage rack
Saddlebags
F&S Extended backrest
Mustang seat
F&S Engine guard
Plexifairing 3 windshield
KM style dash
LED everything + additional brake lights &
LED plate bolts

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!!!! This site looks really *really* awesome and well populated full of people that really know their stuff. Looking forward to it! and...yeah...my bike has had some interesting things done to it before it made it's way to me...I'll make an intro post.

For anyone who stumbles across this in the future the top two should be 10's, along with the bottom left and the bottom right is a 30.

I sleuthed through the internet for hours, trawled through a bunch of forums and manuals, and never thought to just google image search "Fuses for a vulcan 750" fml.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement