Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

What's Eating Your Stator? Demo of Eddy Current

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gaz73 
#1 ·
Theorizing that increased eddy current in the stator can lead to excess heat and stator failure. I'm blaming the Junction Box, with nothing more than circumstantial evidence, at the moment.

If Roadhopper was still here, I'd ask him to design a better JB for us.

Best part happens at 2:35.

#2 ·
Interesting theory. I don't think steel or aluminum experience eddies quite like copper does ... have you seen the 'drop a magnet down a copper tube' videos? Same principle. Will have to read up on it.

And what did happen to Roadhopper? Didn't see an exit post from him. I miss his projects and experiments.

#3 ·

And what did happen to Roadhopper? Didn't see an exit post from him. I miss his projects and experiments.
Some say that Roadhopper left and went into the wilderness to design a better JB for us. They said he vowed never to return until he had succeeded.

Others said that he slowly went mad trying to come up with the perfect JB.

Me? I prefer to believe that he is still lurking around here somewhere in the shadows, just waiting until he is needed again.

Reactions: vullcan22
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.