Which fuse - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Which fuse

Finally got my bike to idle like it's supposed too but now fan won't come on.i don't have a manual or I would look there instead of bothering you guys lol.my ? Is which fuse in the fuse box runs the fan? Fuse box is marked acc for accessories,tail for tail lights, main for the main and head for headlight.the one marked head has nothing in it but my headlight still comes on with the key switch.so which one runs the fan? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

get yourself an online manual from here or other sources. it will be a great help in fixing the problems.

I see a couple to start

1. no fuse in headlight fuse holder, but it comes on with key on. that's 2 different things to look at (maybe one single fix)
2. fan not coming on, a few things can cause this, bad ground, bad fuse, bad fan switch (mounted at bottom tank of radiator), bad connection at that, as well as bad connection at junction box, or bad relay in junction box.

as I said, the service manual is free to download, and includes all the wiring diagrams

2005 VN750

Sold 11-27-17
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

My phone won't let me download the manual and I have no computer

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 06:05 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodraws View Post
My phone won't let me download the manual and I have no computer
Take a ride, drive, walk or fly if you can to the free public library and you can most likely find plenty of computers to use for free and usually for a minimal small fee you can print (in color) the wiring diagram. You could also copy that to a larger size using the copy machines there for another small fee. It is very easy to get around the lack of a computer. My work stopped handing out pay stubs and the only way to get it is to print it from on line. It is amazing how many people suddenly announced that they did not have access to a computer. Before when they got their check with an attached pay stub they tore them up and threw them out immediately and yet now they bitch they want one. When told to go to the public library they claimed that the didn't know that the library had computers. Who said you can't learn something new everyday?

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

I want to thank all the people who have helped me when I needed help but I'm going to leave the site and not come back. The reason being when someone asks for help and get told to get a manual.if I was able to get a manual I would have done so before now.i asked a simple question and instead of a simple answer I expected an answer other than get a manual.i know a manual is a big help but when you need a quick answer this was the place or so I thought.like I said some people have helped tremendously and some not so much.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

the problem is, your bike issues are not necessarily a simple problem.

the headlight comes on with the ign switch, and its fuse location is empty. should be a fuse there, as well as the light should NOT come on with switch unless the headlight relay bypass has been done. It shouldn't come on until the stator produces some power. (engine turning)

there are many causes of fan not working. need to be able to trace the circuits in order to properly diagnose and fix.

and to answer your question, the fan is driven off the 30A main fuse, and since you cant be bothered to do some work, here is the fan circuit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	24593  

2005 VN750

Sold 11-27-17

Last edited by michiganteddybear; 07-21-2015 at 08:04 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Problem is I didn't ask what would cause my fan not to work I asked which fuse ran the fan which should have been a simple answer but no people took it upon themselves to assume I was stupid and that I needed a manual.i agree I do need a manual that I can look up what I want instead of asking here and getting the type of holier than tho answers.besides if everyone had a manual there would be no use for a website now would there.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

ok, we got the fuse question answered. its the 30A main fuse. but since the bike basically functions, that fuse is good. no need to look for that as the cause of fan not working.

Now, if you want help troubleshooting the issue, work with us. the manual is not the holy grail for fixing these things. its is a wonderful reference, and having a picture to look at is much better than trying to imagine what people say in a post on a forum when trying to fix an problem.

2005 VN750

Sold 11-27-17
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 08:55 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
But where would you find the witty humor and camradrie if ya just got a manual?no disrespect was meant by Teddy bear.he's just trying to help.

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

My bike was in pieces when I got it and I'm not a motorcycle mechanic that's why I asked here bc everything I have fixed was with the help from people on this site and my father who lives in another state.my local library is over 30 miles away and they do not let people download on their computers that's the reason I don't have a manual and that's why I asked here. There are plenty of other posts asking what would cause a fan not to work that is why I didn't ask that but I found no post asking which fuse ran the fan so that's what I asked.i wasn't trying to start anything but it was like going to the dmv and asking a simple question only to get every answer but what you asked for.if I'm not welcome here anymore that's fine I'll move on but I do wanna thank everybody that has helped me even with (stupid) questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement