More light? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Question More light?

I really love my bike, but it seems awfully dark out there at night on unlit streets and one lone headlight. I've read on this forum that our vulcans cannot handle too much more electrical output. Can I add more headlights or should I just change the bulb? I'd like to add running lights to the rear as well for visibility. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 02:26 PM

I have seen mentioned here many times that these bikes have about 70 extra watts to play with. That means 35w bulbs for two driving lights max. I would love a light bar like many other cruisers run. You can see 3 headlights coming a mile away on the bikes with lightbars.

I don't have any suggestions on auxiliary lights but I would suggest a Sylvania Silverstar replacement headlight. They are much brighter than stock lights. I haven't put on in yet myself as I don't ride a night if I can help it. I also run high beams during the day figuring it helps cars to see me.

Vulcaneyez
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 02:35 PM

I use PIAA extreme white H4 for headlight. I also have PIAA in the front driving/blinker lights with clear lenses. It looks almost like three headlights.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:01 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Have you tried adjusting the headlight at all for better visibility?

There've been times I notice my headlight must have gotten bumped or something and needs adjusted to be a bit more where I'd like it to be.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Vulcan Traitor ;)

Send a message via Yahoo to Keemez
I went out on a limb and put a xenon 80/100w bulb in, because I'll have very little other power draw on my motor. I think I singed my eyebrows from a distance of about 2 feet last night- yowsa. I'm actually a little concerned about the amount of heat that thing generates- will it melt the dust boot, etc. I might have to fab up some sort of a little air scoop and route it into the bucket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement