STRANGE THINGS WITH MY CHARGEING SYSTEM - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

STRANGE THINGS WITH MY CHARGEING SYSTEM

Ok i will try my best to explain this so it makes sense (cuz it sure dont to me ) i know my stator is going out ..... i replaced the rectifier hoping that might be the problem ..... it didnt fix it (DUH) but i was headed to work one day and the float stuck on the front cyl carb and to be honest i didnt even notice till i got to work... fuel was everywhere so i pinched off the fuel line drained the bowl gave it a few taps un pinched the line and presto no more stuck float .... i did my shift went out and started the bike she set and purred like all was i hopeds on and as fast as i got the bike under me there was a huge puff of white smoke on the left side of the bike.... first thought was fuel on the exhaust ... but then i swear i smelt burning plastic ... i kill the bike rip off the side cover blow out the flames which were on the rectifier and bottom of the battery box ....with flames out my first instinct is to disconect the battery but seeing i was freaking from the whole idea of the bike melting down right in front of me i disconnected the 12v lead that goes into the rectifier one the bottom right of it (good ole trusty pocket knife) seeing it was dark and i had made sure the battery was fully charged before heading into work i figured i would have enuff juice in it to get me home at the very least ... i was wrong maybe 4 miles later it was dead as hitler .... ok here is the really odd thing ... anytime i had charged the battery it would last for days headlights running and all .. but not that night called the wife to;ld her to bring me a few tools... long story short ... i took the battery home recharged it went back in the day time disconnected the headlight and rode it home and again almost didn't make it before it was dead.... ok that same day i really looked the wiring over not a melted place to be found ANYWHERE..not even signs any of it got hot .... ok so i reconnected the for mentioned 12v lead to the rectifier... and recharged the battery and it has went 2 days and nights without needing recharged and today i rechecked it and it had only dropped to 95% of a full charge .... Keep in mind i have checked the output from the charging system to the battery SEVERAL times and it sets at 12.5 to 12.8 never higher ... like iut should if it was working right 13 to 14 v give or take ....... has anyone ever heard of anything like this before ?? am i missing something here ?? or is the Damn thing just haunted or something any ideas or just plain thoughts would be greatly welcomed!! and by the way her name is "Tresia Ann" lol

89 750 Vulcan(Heavy Performance Mods "Tresia Ann"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement