Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Master

IC Ignitor readings

Due to some blundering of my own doing. I am pretty sure I have done some serious damage to my IC Ignitor.

after doing a great deal of looking into the matter I have come to the conclusion that no one has (to my knowledge) shared their resistance readings.
The Manual I bought simply says that to get an accurate reading you will need a mystical and magical tool that you can never have so take the module out of your bike and walk to a dealer. To which I say "I'm not Frodo! NO! I will figure this out!" and discovered that the manual that can be downloaded here from the forum has the readings but also states that a special tool will be required.

I know others have taken their own readings but (as far as I have looked so far) none have shared what they were beyond weird or strange readings.

Due to this I have taken the liberty of taking a few pictures and am sharing what I got (However these may be readings from a defective unit) But once I get things straightened out on my Ride I will do this again and post in down the line for comparison.

For those who are curious (I know some will ask) I have no spark in the rear cylinder, I have changed out the ignition coil and it works on the front but not the rear, I have replaced the pick up coils (They were absolutely trashed) because they were hard and brittle and when I tried to do the pick up mod the wire snapped wight next to the pick up coil. I also checked resistance the the lines from the pick ups tot he module all looked good, and from the module to the Junction box (looked good) and from the igniton coils to the IC box again all looked good. but still only the most rare of sparks would hit the rear cylinder with a scary bang. so with out any more delay here are some glorious pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1107141452.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	19770   Click image for larger version

Name:	1107141453.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	19778   Click image for larger version

Name:	1107141453a.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	19786   Click image for larger version

Name:	1107141516.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	19794   Click image for larger version

Name:	1107141516a.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	19802  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Master

from lft to right you can see. 1- my IC igntion box, 2- the free multimeter (With coupon) from Harbor Freight that I used 3- the chart from the manual for this procedure, and the final 2 are of my readings in char form.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Master

and here are some other pictures of my readings for easier viewing.

note: Where -3 and +1 meet up ignore the scribbles its 120.9

Note: there a star is drawn next to a number that number is the medium number of a few that will flash when I first take the reading before it reads infinity (or open, or really high resistance.

Once I get the problem fixed I will share the info whether it be that these readings are good (I highly doubt that) or I will share the readings that work for the bike.

that will of couse be after I finish riding
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1107141516b.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	19810   Click image for larger version

Name:	1107141517.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	19818  
Sponsored Links