Another satisfied Bulldog customer! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Talking Another satisfied Bulldog customer!

I ordered the R/R relocation bracket from Bulldog not long ago and finally got it put on this morning. The directions were perfect and I got it with minimal fuss. I would say no fuss but getting the 10mm bolts loose that hold the R/R to the bottom of the battery box is a pain. But I got them and got the job done.

I just finished a 30 mile shakedown ride and the bike ran fine. I stopped in the middle of the ride for about 10 mins and at the end of the ride for several mins to simulate a hot start. Usually, even when stopping just long enough for gas, I have to hit the starter 2, 3 or even 4 times to get the bike to restart. This time, the bike started on the first try. It didn't roar to life the instant I hit the start button, but it started on the first try with just a second or so of cranking.

Next up is an oil change, spark plug change and clean and oil the air filters. I will get the dealership to change the brake fluid and engine coolant. I can't wait for warm weather!

Thanks Bulldog!

Vulcaneyez
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:47 PM

I too recently bought the relocation bracket from Bulldog and it went on with no problem and looks great. The directions that came with it make it very easy to do yourself. Thanks Bulldog!

Mike B.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
I appreciate the kind words on the RR kit. They are available at http://www.bulldogsbike.com/relorr.htm.

With Spring here (even though it snowed 8" today in Chicago), it's time to get these mod's done before the Great weather hits.

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

I definitely wanted to get it done before hot weather hit due to an incident I had last year. It was a cool fall day, but I rode miles of twisties going up a mountain. I stopped at a convenience store and had a cup of coffee to warm myself up. I jumped on the bike and headed out again and it ran like it was on one cylinder. The tach and headlight wasn't working either. It has not done it since, but I am thinking that the R/R heat soaked while I was stopped and messed up. Much more of that and it might take out the stator!

Thanks again.

Vulcaneyez
Sponsored Links
Advertisement