Blinker problem (HELP) - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Blinker problem (HELP)

Hello everyone, I have tried to get help with this problem and still cannot figure it out??? o.k. now check this out my r/h and l/h running lights work up front o.k. also my hazards work fine on r/h l/h front,back,my blinkers work
great on my r/h front,back but when i turn my blinker switch on to the left side my relay starts buzzing and the front does nothing it does not light up Nothing, but my back l/h blinker light does come on and it stays on but will not blink, I have checked out the wirring as best as I can so far i just cannot figure this out can someone please give me some help on this PLEASE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

blinker problem (help)

O,yea i forgot to tell you that the original L/H bulb and bulb socket up front had had it (period) so i took it out went to auto parts got new socket and a 1157 bulb re wired that in place Im wondering if that may be part of the problem??
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Try a couple of things: first, remove the new bulb from your L/H front turn signal unit and replace it with the bulb from the R/H unit. That will tell you if it's a bulb or a wiring problem. If you're still getting the buzzing, double-check your wiring - you should have three wires coming off the front signals.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 08:15 PM

If your hazard lights are working fine, your wires, bulbs and sockets are OK. Since your r/h signal is flashing normally, your signal relay and cuircuit are OK. Therefore, I would repair, rebuild or replace your signal light switch. BTW, check the left switch contact for corrosion.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

I appreciate the help do you really think its in the switch? I feel as you do about the wiring being o.k. and the relay as well because everything else works fine just when i switch it to my left blinker that relay buzzes pretty fast and the l/h blinker in back does come on it just stays on and does not blink, in the front when my running lights are on and i turn my left blinker on like i said the back will come on but the front running light goes off and theres nothing else. i'll try checking that swicth like you said is it alot of trouble to take that thing apart?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Old Truck Junkie

Have you tried to ground the front light to the frame by disconnecting it at the connection and grounding it there to the frame?.

02 honda sabre 1100
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Hello ,no i havent tried that yet i did take the front light back off to see if the ground wire was making contact inside it did seem a little looser than i had liked it to be? i tried to tighten up that ground screw but could not so the idea you just give me i will try to do this evening when i get off work thanks alot well see what that does o.k. also it can be that switch like it was suggested to me earlier because of what he had said as well!

Last edited by buffalo bill; 12-03-2007 at 08:01 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 06:14 PM

Just curious - check to make sure you did not cross-wired the new 1157 left front socket you installed before you attack the switch. Cross-wiring the 1157 bulb changes the current bulb load of the turn signal circuit and will affect the flashing rate of the relay. An insufficient current load (like a one bulb is fully or half burnt out) causes the remaining bulb to stay on without bliking. Btw, I was assuming you did re-install and wired your new 1157 socket correctly when I concluded you had a switch problem.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Well,when i installed the new bulb and socket i just hooked them up in the socket housing?? i guess your right? maybe i should take the socket back out and switch the wiring around and see what that will do? is that what you are talking about? I really didnt know that mattered? but i will try that and see what it does, is this what you are saying? if i do have to take out the switch is that pretty simple? just curious cause of the clutch being there?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

also does cross wiring make the relay buzz too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement