Wiring Harness Connectors and Junction Box - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Wiring Harness Connectors and Junction Box

Hi All,

So I was doing a cooling flush the other day and noticed that I have never heard or seen the cooling fan kick on on the bike before. So I let it idle for a while and shut it off when the temp gauge got about half way, then i strater digging into why the fan wasnt coming on. Found out it was the junction box along with that i noticed that the PO let a battery explode in the bike and let it sit sooo I'm going to replace the junction box which i have found for $100 bucks. "I would rather just replace the relays but the box is ate up by battery acid along with the pins on electrical terminal".... So I still am looking for a replacement connector for the 10 pin outlet of the wiring harness.... and a 6 pin connector for th R/R.. if anyone knows where to find one online that would be awesome and local stores would be even better. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 09:37 AM

Some junction boxes on ebay are $20 and under, and I see harnesses etc., I saw one in the past couple of days.

My fan quit and I had to squeeze the spade connector at the plug so it fit tight in the junction box.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I was wanting to just replace the actual connectors but I think i might have to buy the entire harness off of ebay. I see all the Junction boxes on ebay but with the problem of the relays being so common I'm a little worried about getting a used one then being back in the same predicament in a month or two.

Thanks for the help

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Garage
If you want, I will make you an offer for a known working Junction box.

I keep a spare one around for members who need a replacement in a pinch.
I can send you the working JB.

You send me a clean one from Ebay (buy a used one cheap) and I will replace any bad relays in the one you give me, and i will keep that as the "exchange core".
All I ask for is the shipping cost and and the cost of the relays I have to replace. usually around $20 total.

If you are interested, let me know through PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Ndr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmeyer83 View Post
Yeah I was wanting to just replace the actual connectors but I think i might have to buy the entire harness off of ebay. I see all the Junction boxes on ebay but with the problem of the relays being so common I'm a little worried about getting a used one then being back in the same predicament in a month or two.

Thanks for the help
http://www.electrosport.com/accessor...r-set-1-4.html

This is the connector for the R/R, but you might be able to brows through what they have and find ones that work.

......I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere then in any city on earth.

*2014 VN900 Custom (16,200 miles and counting)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement