Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Led turn signals

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Wolfie 
#1 ·
I'd like to switch to led turn signals but I'm an electrical idiot. From what I gather, the reduced wattage makes something not work right. I've read about wiring resistors in-line to compensate for this.

Is it really as simple as buying the led signals, wiring resistors in line, and your good? What kind of resistor? How are they measured? See, I know very little.

#2 ·
best thing to use with led signals is an electronic flasher unit.. I believe the part number is EP34?? but others will chime in with the correct number if I am wrong. its a drop in replacement for the stock unit.

putting in load resistors basically negates the power advantages of the led's, as the resistors are there to provide the equivalent load that an incandescent bulb puts on the system, so the bi-metal flasher works right

#8 ·
Also, what about the front signals? I know it's a 3 wire, for running lights.

Will led signals up front have a running brightness and a blinking brightness?

Will I have to find three wire signals?
Yes

So it's as easy as removing the stock flashing unit, replacing it with the ep34, and wiring the led signals normally?
Yes

:smiley_th

#5 ·
check my signature...PM if you want to know more about my LED boards. They are plug and play for our bikes.
Electronic relay is required - EP34 is also a plug and play replacement.

#7 ·
#9 ·
For a rare instance, I was runnin behind KC a few weeks ago...his LED running lights look as bright as brake lights....the latter, even brighter....I was amazed....definitely a 5 star item....

#10 ·
I run JamStrait LED bulbs in all my lights, just need to use a ES-34 flasher. A great way to save wattage is to replace the two 5/21 watt taillight bulbs and the 5 watt license plate bulb with LED bulbs. You save 90 % of the wattage usage and they are much brighter.

#14 ·
Or do what I did and get a REAL tail/sig assy.....KC2's LEDs fit this bytw....soon as I can, gettin a set from him.....my tombstome is cool, but not enough in the daytime....

#16 · (Edited)
I used to hunt ***** and porkys...thats a fake tail (synthetic) I picked up at a yard sale fer $.50 (ised to be a roach clip)....lol
We hunted the porkys at night with a light, then shot the branches out from under.....when they fell theyd be dazed, and we'd whack em with a modded 2x4, lol....past 15 yrs the ***** here got rabies too much, so if I shoot one, I bury it...sad....all because of feral cats too....I shoot them too....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.