Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

LED Lights: Getting More from Your Stator

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  hyperbuzzin 
#1 ·
I was wondering if replacing all (or most) bulbs with LEDs allows for enough savings on the electrical system that you can add some accessories? Specifically, if you replace all bulbs (except the headlight, speedometer and tachometer) with LEDs, is it then possible to add a light bar and not strain the system?

#2 ·
The tach & speedo lights can be changed to LED's too. There's someone here who did it with blue ones.

As for your question... Yes, it'd be a BIG help to replace the standard bulbs with LED's. (just watch out for the cheapo turnsignal LED's (ya get what ya pay for)
But you'll still need to be careful of what/how much extra ya add.
The issue of limited power comes up mostly when sitting at an idle. The stator isn't running fast enough to charge the battery until 1500 or more RPM's.
Seems that most people here with a light bar use bulbs around 25 watts.

I'm not too into electrical stuff, so maybe someone else with more knowledge on it will add their words of wisdom :smiley_th

#4 ·
It may be a good place to start with a list of all the bulbs that stay lit when the bike is running. I would guess that if we could replace all or most of those bulbs with LED's, the battery would require less recharge when at lower RPM's. Thoughts?

Anyone want to take a stab at listing all the bulbs that stay lit and the corresponding LED bulb to replace it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.