Blue wire bypass - headlight relay mod - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 09:32 PM

Got the RLU bypass done a few days back. It solved the flicker-y Headlight light on the dash! And, after the blue wire mod, the light comes on when the key turns, which is very nice. Also, the LED has a much better spread and is just brighter at night.

I also replaced my rear brake/running light with two LEDs. Changing these and the headlight to LED has really reduced the dim of lights at idle while the brake light is being activated like at a stop light.

There is a barely noticeable flicker with the new LEDs only at idle, but it's very minimal and I don't think I'm going to worry about it.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by magicdave2; 06-17-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Rules View Post
For the Blue wire mod cons - Headlight stays on when key is turned on, which obviously takes power away from starting.

What I did was splice in a good quality mini toggle switch between the ground headlight wire inside the headlight cover, drilled a small hole in the lower head light cover to run the mini toggle switch through. The switch can then be off for starting, then easily turned on when warmed up and ready to ride. Very inexpensive easy fix to get full power for starting, after doing the Mod.
Can you explain this with wire colors and step by step instructions I did the blue wire mod and would like to install a switch?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:58 AM

The ground wires on this bike are black w/yellow stripe. Ground switching is the best way to go when it's possible, no chance of it shorting out. My voltmeter is switched on the ground side.

If you get the AGM battery, the headlight staying on should be no problem.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement