Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

antigravety

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Knifemaker 
#1 ·
It would sure be nice to have a battery which is half or more the size of the OEM with better cold cranking hours (16cell model). With it secure, that would leave me plenty of room for an extra fuse box which I haven't installed yet. The box has an option to have components live before or after bike start.

I think my girl will buy me a battery if I behave for just one day (this means taking direction). Actually, my birthday was the 25th of Feb so she promised she would buy.

I have a number of things I want to put on the bike like a Shark 1000 watt 4 channel system. I bought this six months ago and it's time has come. I need to reattach my sybel horn and maybe some lights.

I have other ideas as well like adding two antigravity batteries in parrell. I would recharge each night with a tender trickle charger. I got a portable battery charger/power center off of Craigslist and I could trickle charge my gravity batteries over night. Of course I would hook up battery monitors for each battery.

I hope in the end my bike doesn't look like this:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/PaulBach/Motorcycle Pics/strangbike02.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
look at lithium batteries for bikes. Cost is more, but the power is there and size I think is smaller. For birthday's. I ask for things done to me rather then for me...;)

#8 · (Edited)
I'm sure this is a test. not sure why but ok....From what I've researched in the past and it's a lithium Ion battery as someone else here pointed out with up to 16cells. The more cells the more cold cranking power. I've read they have up to 40% cranking powerthan a conventional battery. The one I'm looking at has over 350ccp. It comes down to the number of cells within the battery. The battery is less than half the size of the OEM so the battery compartment would be a great place to partition space and drop in electrical do dads.

#11 · (Edited)
Ah, an incorrectly spelled brand name of a new company I haven't heard of. K.

http://antigravitybatteries.com/

There have been issues with Li Ion batteries in cold tempatures. From
What I remember the way they calculate the "cold cranking" figure is not the same as other batteries.

They are smaller and are significantly lighter (guessing that's the "anti gravity" part)

If you relocate the R/R there's actually quite a bit of room there...you could get 4-5 Li batteries in there with some work.

#12 ·
Ah, an incorrectly spelled brand name of a new company I haven't heard of. K.

http://antigravitybatteries.com/

There have been issues with Li Ion batteries in cold temperatures. From
What I remember the way they calculate the "cold cranking" figure is not the same as other batteries.

They are smaller and are significantly lighter (guessing that's the "anti gravity" part)

If you relocate the R/R there's actually quite a bit of room there...you could get 4-5 Li batteries in there with some work.
I've read the same and the 16 cell batteries is plenty for cold weather cranking. It won't be a problem. I'm not even sure where the R&R is on my 900. I only know I tried to find a place for the halogen wires and etc, heat junction for gloves, and that's about all I can deal with. The Amp needs to be moved. The current place for the amp is exposed to the weather.

Thanks Knifemaker

Next year, I'm thinking of putting a small bag on my luggage rack with a recharging unit. I'll run it to the battery to keep it charged. I can bring it in the apt most of the week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.