Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Red Turn Signal Lens

Hello,

Where can I buy 2, new, RED turn signal lens for an 05 Vulcan? I would like for them to be a match in shape and design as stock except not in amber. The stock ones are made by STANLEY... Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 09:49 AM

Re: Red Turn Signal Lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA 5367
Hello,

Where can I buy 2, new, RED turn signal lens for an 05 Vulcan? I would like for them to be a match in shape and design as stock except not in amber. The stock ones are made by STANLEY... Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
KA...I think red turn signal lenses are illegal on mototcycles in some states.
I think...
Try ebay! and see what you come up with...

john m
Somewhere deep in OH....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 03:46 PM

Smile Re: Red Turn Signal Lens

Hi KA5367,

I tried for quite a while to find some red lens for my rear turn signals indicators w/o success. I then purchased a pair of clear lens and tried red bulbs in them, but I was unhappy with the look. Then I followed a suggestion to spray the inside of the lens (either amber or clear) with transparent red spray paint (Testors makes one and I believe Krylon does too, either stained glass red or candy apple red, but be sure it is transparent). Spray several light coats, allowing each coat to dry before applying an additional coat of paint. It works beautifully. By spraying the inside of the lens, the exterior retains its hard durable finish. The look is red whether the light is on or off. I have been very pleased with this alternative.

Hope that this helps.

Ratty

Neal/Ratty
2003 VN750–the HellBat
VROC 12206
GAVROC 0132

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Forum Faciliator

I researched this a while back. I don't think red REAR turn signal lens are illegal anywhere, but yellow tail light lenses are, But yellow, like we have stock is fine for a TURN signal. You may be thinking of a discussion we had last summer where people were modifying the rear turn signals to be always on as an extra set of tail lights. However RED turn signal lens in the front are illegal everywhere.

If you are ever in doubt, look at truck lighting. They love lights and have to go through many states. They have yellow in front and to the sides and only RED light showing to the rear (and white of course for backup lights).

In most states, the other accessory lights you see people use like blue/green for marker and accent lights are illegal. Still you see people doing it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1515
KA...I think red turn signal lenses are illegal on mototcycles in some states.
I think...
Try ebay! and see what you come up with...

Red Baron
Binghamton, NY
Alright Already, Lets Ride!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron
I researched this a while back. I don't think red REAR turn signal lens are illegal anywhere, but yellow tail light lenses are, But yellow, like we have stock is fine for a TURN signal. You may be thinking of a discussion we had last summer where people were modifying the rear turn signals to be always on as an extra set of tail lights. However RED turn signal lens in the front are illegal everywhere.

If you are ever in doubt, look at truck lighting. They love lights and have to go through many states. They have yellow in front and to the sides and only RED light showing to the rear (and white of course for backup lights).

In most states, the other accessory lights you see people use like blue/green for marker and accent lights are illegal. Still you see people doing it though.
Thanx, RB...that clarifies things.

john m
Somewhere deep in OH....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 04:48 PM

Thumbs up Re: Red Turn Signal Lens

Hi all - I just received and installed a turn signal conversion kit from "Electrical Connections". Thank you Dianne... As I'm sure many of you have seen and may be familiar with, it's a very simple circuit that adds red LEDs inside the turn signal and makes the amber lens become red for running and braking, and they remain amber for turning.
Great accessory!
Jaime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement