My stator replacement - 1st step gathering parts - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

My stator replacement - 1st step gathering parts

NOTES

just ordered a new stator and r/r; decided to go with RickMotorsports. As I understand it, there are other parts that I'll need to get. I've compiled a list from what I've read on this site, mostly from a thread by Hyperbuzzin (thanks man) :

- O-RING, 5.28X1.78 - x3 - ref#92055A part#92055-109 NOTE: for the 3 screws securing the Outside Generator-Cover. Clymer's calls it the inner cover, page296
- O-ring - x2- ref#670 part#670B2014 NOTE: for front & rear cylinder coolant pipe
- GASKET,GEAR CASE - x1 - ref#11060 part#11060-1086
- GASKET,GENERATOR COVER - x1 - ref#11060A part#11060-1089
- O-RING,GENERATOR COVER - x1 - ref#92055B part#92055-1319
- H-D crush gaskets - x2 - Part # 17048-98

The ref# and part# are from the Vn750 shop manual. I noticed when ordering the parts from BikeBandit that there are slight differences between their parts diagrams and the shop manual that I have. For the most part the ref# are the same but they have their own part# system. The part# for the "crush gaskets" are Harley-Davidson's.

Am I missing anything ?

Thanks lots,
Luis Pereira

Last edited by ktullu; 06-29-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: info updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:10 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

Some FYI for the crush gaskets... they come two to a pack (or atleast they should)
I placed my order for a qty of 2, and got 4 gaskets total When I went to the Hardley dealer and inquired about them, they too were two to a pack.

When the shop did my stator, I believe they just tilted the motor instead of completely removing it. So they didn't need the Gear Case Gasket.
But I'm not positive on that!

As for the O-rings, I'm pretty sure the most problematic ones (atleast they are the ones that were leaking on mine) are the 4 marked as part# 92055A.
Wouldn't hurt to wait for confirmation on that too, as the ones marked part#670 may also be what you're referring to.

Somebody please confirm my info given here.

(That's the one real drawback to having the shop do it, I'm not real sure on a good bit of the info needed with a stator change now )

This is from the 'Radiator' fiche on Ron Ayers, which is nearly identical as BikeBandit's.

Any other questions, just ask

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

front and rear cylinder head coolant pipe - thats the one!

Yeah, thanks Hyperbuzzin.

The O-rings you highlighted, the ones marked 670 are the ones. Those two pipes correspond with the two pipes in the diagram located on page 346 of the Clymer manual. The shop manual doesn't name those pipes but Clymer does: Front Cylinder Head coolant pipe and Rear Cylinder Head coolant pipe.

I've updated my parts list to include these o-rings.

-Luis Pereira
Sponsored Links
Advertisement