Electronic turn signal flasher? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Electrical
Where does this wire go?
Includes Electrical mods, Lights, Stator,
Rectifier, Diagrams, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Electronic turn signal flasher?

Hi All.

I just added a set of hard plastic saddlebags to my bike, and they come with built-in LED turn signals. Now the flasher flashes the signals really fast (the same as if a bulb was blown), and that means that I need an electronic signal flasher. Does anyone know if one is made for our bikes?

-MikeS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 11:35 PM

Kisan makes one but be sure to fuse the output--any short will blow the thing up and $100.00 down the drain. I rewired my lights and am now useing a signal dynamics on mine.

Rckmtn
Dennis Huff
Cheyenne, Wy.
05 VN 750
KURYAKYN grips, helmet locks, and highway pegs
Spitfire windshield
Saddleman saddlebags/sissybar bag
Highwayman gelseat with Protac backrest
self canx turnsignals
Diamondstar headlight modulator
Jardine 2 into 2
MCC turn signal relocator and floorboards
Luggage rack
Extended passenger backrest
KURYAKYN LED voltmeter
Custom tank bra with analog clock
Snider paint protector on tank side
130 DB horns
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 01:23 AM
85 VN 700

Seems like the electronic ts flashers at auto parts stores (~10-20 each) work. Ya might search here and over at the yahoo group to see if there's a part number somewhere. I KNOW that there's some posts related to the same at one of the two.

Curtis - Albany Oregon.
Currently receiving therapy from "Doc" - My 1985 VN700.

Daily rider in NorthWET Oregon.
Ammo Can Saddlebags
Shaved and Rejetted. Coastered. Degoated w/ Hardley pipes.

Bought Feb 2007 with 12K miles.
Hit the 24k mile July 2008

http://photobucket.com/curtis97322

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 AM

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLank View Post
Thanks! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I knew that Kisan's SignalMinder (an auto canceling unit) could handle LEDs but I didn't want the extra features it offers (I have one on another bike), and didn't want to spend $100.00 just for the LED compatability! I also ordered a couple of LED 1157 bulbs from another website (I don't recall the URL at the moment) to replace the front bulbs, I figure this should help lessen the load on my electrical system.

-MikeS
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
aka Smokymtnvulcan

LED Conversion Wow!

Like many of you, I recently converted over to LED turn signals. I didn't care for the looks of what I could find online or in local shops, so I decided to make my own system. I bought six side marker LED lights at Walmart, for about $5 each. Like everyone, I ran into the "Flasher Wall". I fiinally found one at my local NAPA Store for $12.80. It's part No. EP-34 described as a ELECT-MECH FLASHER. Just unplug the old thermal flasher and plug this one right in.

Since the front turn signal bulbs are actually two bulbs in one, I stacked two sets of the side marker lights together, using one for the parking/drive light and the other for a turn signal. Two red ones went on the rear for the turn signals back there [used amber ones for the front]

Two Valuable Lessons:

1. These side marker lights come in two varieties and they look very much alike at first glance. One has a single LED and the other has three LED's. I used the ones with 3 LED's. I got some of both and had to take the singles back for exchange.

2. Be mindful of the color codes on the wiring diagrams and make sure they match what you are looking at on the bike. I found someone had changed some wiring around and I ended up having to run a wire from my right rear turn signal to the front right to get it to work. I also found out there is a wiire available in the back to allow you to put an extra set of tail lights there if you wish.

Jst thought I'd throw this stuff out there in case it might be of assistance to someone.

VROC #28359 Murphy NC
Patriot Guard Rider
US Army (Retired)
NC Law Enf (Retired)
VN750A3 New RR, New Stator, New Tires, Cleaned Carbs, New Choke Cable, Degoated and Marbled, replaced ACCT with MCCT, Custom LED Signals F&R, Custom Luggage Rack.
Did Tail of the Dragon in 1972 and again 07/2011
I like pipes I can hear!
I wear leather so I won't hurt too bad!
I wear a half helmet so I can see and hear better!
Not a poser, not an outlaw biker, JUST ME!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement