Hello all. New to the motorcycle forum and riding.
I have a 1990 Kawasaki VN750. A few months ago, my bike was in the shop.(I purchased it on Craigslist,it needed a lot of work done to it). Stator,regulator, ignition coils were changed. Carbs were cleaned/synced. Bike was gone through.
During a rainstorm, I did end up slipping off the bike at low speeds. It's been parked in my driveway for awhile now.
The symptom I'm trying to fix seems to be the connector from the regulator seems to heat up, along with the wires on both sides of the connector. I did just replace the wiring harness, just wanted some input on what I should look for/what could be the cause of the connector melting? Haven't had to charge the battery in over two months, no problems starting, after about 3-4 minutes of choke being on
, wires start to heat up. I've checked the grounds that I know of and cleaned them up.
Any ideas? I'm going crazy. I miss riding.