Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Overheating stator wiring
Has anyone else had problems with their stator wires overheating? Twice now, I have had problems with melted wiring connectors. Once with the original wiring, that looked bad enough that I replaced it when I fused the wires and just again on one of the butt splices I used to attach the fuses. The plug receptacle on the OEM R/R also has brittle carbonized plastic on the top, the side away from where my exhaust crosses over (I have been degoated).
I just wanted to warn people to be on the look out for this, see if anyone else has seen this problem and also find out if anyone has any idea about what might be causing it.
'96 Vulcan 750 'Hanchi'